Fall is here. The weather is gorgeous and the trees are starting to change colors. I love this time of year. Another great part of fall are all the apples! I am going insane with all the delicious apple recipes out there. And today, Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writing is hosting a #SundaySupper Autumn Apple Party! I am so excited!
I wanted to go out on a limb today, and make something a little different. I have seen plenty of Quesadillas with apples before, but usually they have cheese, or turkey, but definitely something along the savory lines. This on the other hand, is totally not that. Plenty of Nutella is involved, which of course means it has to be good.
I even gave the tortilla a little cinnamon and sugar crust, which is just the little extra touch to make them even better. These would make for a special after school snack, or dessert. Or maybe breakfast, if that’s how you roll. I mean there are apples involved, so you be the judge. But you really can’t go wrong with melty Nutella and apples.
- 4 small tortillas
- 4 Tbls Nutella
- 1 apple, , sliced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat a non-stick pan to medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar, stir to combine.
- Place 2 tortillas on a work surface. Spread 2 Tbls of Nutella over each tortilla.
- Evenly space apples around each tortilla. Top with the other 2 tortillas.
- Spray one side of the quesadilla with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with some of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place in the skillet, cinnamon side down. Heat until toasty (about 3 minutes). Spray the face up side with nonstick spray, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture, and flip.
- Once tortilla is crisp, remove from the pan. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
- Slice into quarters, and serve.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 393Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 250mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 5gSugar 27gProtein 6g
Here’s our Autumn Apple Party Menu for Sunday Supper! Stop by our #SundaySupper Contributor’s websites for great apple ideas!
Soups, Salads, Starters and Breads
- Cinnamon Apple Chips- Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Celery Salad- In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mini Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast- In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup-Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped With Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad- The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip- Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel Apple Bread – famfriendsfood
- Apple Pie Bread Baker Street
- Apple, Bacon & Brie Popovers- I Run for Wine
- Apple and Almond Brie Puff Pastry- Family Foodie
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts- There and Back Again
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin- The Meltaways
- Apple-Glazed Meatballs- The Messy Baker
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and Dumplings)- Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Skillet Pork with Sweet Spiced Apples- Mama Mommy Mom
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce – Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp- Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice- Webicurean
- Wild Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries, and Walnuts – Ruffles and Truffles
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash- Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney- Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie- What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake- The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler- Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple & Moroccan Cinnamon Gooey Sticky Buns- Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Spiced Caramel Apple Pie-Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Apple Pear Kuchen for #SundaySupper (Apfel Birnen Kuchen)- Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel – Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce-Noshing with the Nolands
- Apple Cheesecake- Vintage Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars- Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting- From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas- Juanita’s Cocina
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bavarian Apple Torte- The Lovely Pantry
- Streusel Apple Crumb Pie + Pie Freezer Kits- Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon-Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding- Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake – Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Pie and Custard- Happy Baking Days
- #GlutenFree Deep Dish Carmel Apple Pie- Cooking Underwriter
- Apple Brownies That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Country Apple Dumplings- Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies- Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers- Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze- Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Cake- Basic N Delicious
- Apple Pull Apart Monkey Bread- Gotta Get Baked
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite apple recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!