Shrimp, Chorizo, and Corn Salad – fresh corn and tomatoes make this salad bright and flavorful, and the chorizo adds just the right amount of heat.
This is the last weekend before school starts here. On Monday we get to go drop off supplies, get my son’s locker assignment and schedule. He is really excited to start middle school, but I think he is getting nervous too. He is ready for the transition, so I am excited for him. But it means things are about to get a little hectic and busy with routine, homework, practice, and everything else that school brings. I have to say I am ready though. We have had a very busy summer and all of us are ready for some routine again.
My garden is over flowing with 2 things; zucchini and tomatoes. I made Zucchini muffins already this week, gave a few zucchini away, but still have 3 more growing on the plant. I even made Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread on Facebook Live yesterday! As for tomatoes, they are just starting and I am excited. Bruschetta is in our favorites for sure.
Tuscan Chicken is on the menu this week as well using fresh tomatoes instead of canned, and I think it is going to be amazing. Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn salad is another great use of those tomatoes. I used grape tomatoes, but you can just dice whatever tomatoes you have. Just leave a few uncooked, so you can sprinkle them on top at the end.
When I told my son we were having salad for dinner, he was not happy. Then I told him there wasn’t any lettuce involved, so he didn’t have to worry. So when I put a plate with shrimp and corn in front of him, he was a little confused. Definitely not your traditional salad, but still so full of flavor. Fresh corn and tomatoes give this a bright flavor.
The chorizo I found was ground, but if you find it in links, just cut it into slices. It adds spice and definitely more flavor. I put most of the salad together to sit in the fridge in the afternoon. Then when it was time for dinner, I cooked the chorizo and the salad. Dinner was ready in minutes. A great healthy summer dinner for the whole family. Shrimp, Chorizo, and Corn Salad will definitely be a salad that my son requests again.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
White Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Creamy Salsa Chicken
One Pot Taco Casserole by Wonky Wonderful
One Pan Maple Glazed Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower by Foodness Gracious
- 1 pound large shrimp, , peeled and deveined
- 2 cup (about 4 ears) corn kernels
- 1/3 cup green onions, , sliced
- 1 Tbls sraracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, , chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, , halved
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 package chorizo, (mine was 9 oz ground pork chorizo)1
- Lemon wedges, , to serve
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, corn, green onions, sriracha, garlic,1/4 cup of basil, and almost all of the tomatoes (reserve a few for topping each plate at the end). Gently toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add olive oil to the pan, swirling to coat. Add chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in the shrimp and corn mixture. Cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Top each serving with a few fresh tomato halves, the remaining chopped basil, and a lemon wedge.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light - http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/myplate-inspired-salads/shrimp-chorizo-corn-salad_2
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 240mgSodium 1515mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.