This white chicken enchilada skillet turns the traditional dish into a one-pan, stove-top meal! And even better, it’s ready in 20 minutes.
Mexican food is one of my favorite things ever. Mexican Dinner Ideas has 25 of my favorite Mexican recipes all in one place. So you know that I am a fan. And one of my favorite things is enchiladas. Chicken Enchiladas are one of the most requested meals around here.
But sometimes you don’t have the time to make enchiladas. All the filling, rolling, and baking takes time. That is where one pan meals come in. They make dinner time super fast and easy. Especially when you are getting a craving for white chicken enchiladas.
This skillet chicken recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. So you can have dinner ready in no time. Salsa Verde chicken skillet is another Mexican skillet chicken recipe that my family loves.
My son is always happy when we have skillet dinners. They are often pasta based, so this one totally threw him! Anything creamy and cheesy is always a win for him. Not sure what skillet dinner he will request next time, because he practically licked his plate clean with this enchilada skillet.
White chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite things to order at a restaurant. But I hardly ever make them at home. But this easy dinner gets me all the flavor in a one pan meal, without all the work
Plus, this skillet meal is ready in 20 minutes, so you can make it any night of the week! Top with diced avocado and cilantro for a delicious dinner everyone will love. We can’t have Mexican at our house without homemade guacamole, so add a few tortilla chips for some crunch and we are all happy!
I am sharing this recipe over at Food Fanatic today. Head over and check out all the other easy dinner recipes I have shared!
Want More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Shrimp & Avocado Tostadas
- Salsa Verde Chicken Skillet
- Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Taco Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- One Pan Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 4 ounce can Diced Green Chiles
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 10 Corn Tortillas, Diced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Diced Avocado
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and green chiles.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes to a low simmer.
- Add chicken breasts, stirring to coat with sauce.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Add 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, diced tortillas and sour cream.
- Stir until well blended.
- Top with the last 1/2 cup of cheese, cover and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with diced avocado and cilantro, for optional garnish.
Amount Per ServingCalories 596Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 156mgSodium 720mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!