Do you ever see recipes, and immediately make them? Sometimes I come across a recipe that is so perfect, I have to make it right away. This was one of those. Cassie made a version of this pasta, and I knew we would love it. My husband loves just about anything with balsamic vinegar, and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought about doing this yet.
My husband isn’t all about lots of veggies and no meat, so I had to switch it up a little. I used some spinach & artichoke chicken sausage I had in the freezer, and just a few veggies. This was amazing. Balsamic vinaigrette is one of my favorite dressings, so adding it to pasta was only natural. The chicken sausage makes it a heartier meal, but still good for you.
I have made it a couple times already, and I know it will be a staple in our house. You could switch up the veggies to just about anything you have on hand, or what is in season at the time. Leave out the meat, and this would be a great cold pasta salad. I served with a little grated Parmesan cheese, but Cassie used goat cheese. So feel free to switch it up!
Pasta with sauteed veggies and chicken sausage tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Quick and easy weeknight meal, that is also good for you.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 package short cut pasta, cooked according to the directions
- 4 Tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 links chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sauteed veggies (zucchini, onion, etc.)
- Parmesan Cheese, optional garnish.
- In a large serving bowl combine the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. Whisk to combine. In a large skillet saute the chicken sausage and the veggies together, until crisp tender, and the sausage is heated through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the serving bowl with the vinaigrette at the bottom. Top with the veggies. Stir to combine, and make sure everything is evenly coated. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Adapted from Bake Your Day