Bruschetta Chicken – chicken marinated and grilled, then topped it tomato and garlic bruschetta. Healthy, quick, easy, and delicious!
As soon as summer hits I want to eat everything off the grill and use all the ingredients from the garden. It can be easy Turkey Burgers or even grilling steak, I want to eat it all.
And when you can get those super fresh tomatoes from the garden, then this bruschetta chicken is an absolute must! So much fresh flavor, even my picky son loves it.
This bruschetta chicken recipe is great because you can let the chicken marinate in the fridge most of the day, and it will just absorb all of that delicious flavor. Lots of herbs give it so much flavor. You can use fresh herbs if you have them, but dried work as well.
What Do You Need For Bruschetta Chicken
- Fresh Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Roma Tomatoes
And the bruschetta topping is so fresh and juicy with good tomatoes, so it is worth a trip to the farmers market if you don’t have them in your garden. And the balsamic vinegar! That just makes bruschetta of any kind for me, so it is always involved.
This is such an easy grilled chicken recipe that you can make any day of the week. Throwing chicken on the grill is always a good idea for dinner. Serve with a salad or this Cucumber Tomato Salad and not even have to turn on the stove!
How Long To Cook Chicken on the Grill
That totally depends on what kind of chicken you are cooking.
- A large chicken breast can take about 20 minutes, or 10 minute per side to cook.
- A thinner chicken cutlet, it will take about 6 minutes per side.
- Chicken thighs without a bone they are probably 5 minutes a side, and with a bone closer to 7-8 minutes per side.
So it really depends. I like to use chicken cutlets because they cook quickly and are a better serving size than the giant chicken breasts you get in the store. The best way to know when chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer and test the internal temperature. Chicken should cook to 165º F.
I use the Thermapen Mk4 to check the temperature of the meat throughout the cooking process. It is the most accurate thermometer I have found and have been using it for years!
And if you are making chicken skewers where the chicken is cut in smaller chunks, the cooking time will change there as well. The most important thing is to make sure you cook the chicken to 165 degrees for it to be fully cooked.
How To Make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl or plastic food storage bag. Add the chicken and toss until everything is well blended and mixed together. Place it in the fridge for at least and hour, up to 8 hours.
- Once you are ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes per side, depending on how thick your chicken is, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile dice up the tomatoes and mix with all of the ingredients for the bruschetta topping.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and top with a generous amount of the tomato mixture.
And if you love this grilled chicken you should check out my Easy Balsamic Bruschetta and the traditional appetizer that is so good for summer. And you can mix it up and use things other than tomatoes. This Avocado Bruschetta might be one of our favorite snacks in the summer.
So head to the farmers market or your garden and stock up on fresh tomatoes, because you are going to be making this bruschetta chicken on repeat this summer. So much flavor and so easy to make, the whole family is going to love it.
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls
- Ranch Cheddar Chicken
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Madeira
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a plastic zip top bag mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken, seal bag and toss toss to coat. Put on a plate, and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding marinade, and grill for 6-7 minutes per side until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on how thick chicken pieces are. Internal temperature should be 165º F.
- Meanwhile mix all of the ingredients for the bruschetta topping together.
- To serve top chicken with generous spoonfuls of bruschetta mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 96mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!