Bruschetta Chicken – chicken marinaded and grilled, then topped it tomato and garlic bruschetta. Healthy, quick, easy, and delicious!
As soon as summer hits I want to eat everything off the grill and use all the ingredients from the garden. It can be easy Turkey Burgers or even grilling steak, I want to eat it all.
And when you can get those super fresh tomatoes from the garden, then this bruschetta chicken is an absolute must! So much fresh flavor, even my picky son loves it.
This bruschetta chicken recipe is great because you can let the chicken marinate in the fridge most of the day, and it will just absorb all of that delicious flavor. Lots of herbs give it so much flavor. You can use fresh herbs if you have them, but dried work as well.
And the bruschetta topping is so fresh and juicy with good tomatoes, so it is worth a trip to the farmers market if you don’t have them in your garden. And the balsamic vinegar! That just makes bruschetta of any kind for me, so it is always involved.
This is such an easy grilled chicken recipe that you can make any day of the week. Throwing chicken on the grill is always a good idea for dinner. Serve with a salad or this Cucumber Tomato Salad and not even have to turn on the stove!
How Long To Cook Chicken on the Grill
That totally depends on what kind of chicken you are cooking.
- A large chicken breast can take about 20 minutes, or 10 minute per side to cook.
- A thinner chicken cutlet, it will take about 6 minutes per side.
- Chicken thighs without a bone they are probably 5 minutes a side, and with a bone closer to 7-8 minutes per side.
So it really depends. I like to use chicken cutlets because they cook quickly and are a better serving size than the giant chicken breasts you get in the store. When chicken is on sale at the grocery store, I just slice the large chicken breasts in half and then freeze them, so I always have chicken on hand.
And if you are making chicken skewers where the chicken is cut in smaller chunks, the cooking time will change there as well. The most important thing is to make sure you cook the chicken to 165 degrees for it to be fully cooked.
And if you love this grilled chicken you should check out my Easy Balsamic Bruschetta and the traditional appetizer that is so good for summer. And you can mix it up and use things other than tomatoes. This Avocado Bruschetta might be one of our favorite snacks in the summer.
So head to the farmers market or your garden and stock up on fresh tomatoes, because you are going to be making this bruschetta chicken on repeat this summer. So much flavor and so easy to make, the whole family is going to love it.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbls fresh basil, , chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, , chopped
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 2 Tbls balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 roma tomatoes, , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a plastic zip top bag mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken, seal bag and toss toss to coat. Put on a plate, and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding marinade, and grill for 6-7 minutes per side until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on how thick chicken pieces are.
- Meanwhile mix all of the ingredients for the bruschetta topping together.
- To serve top chicken with generous spoonfuls of bruschetta mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 252Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 96mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 36g