Easy Balsamic Bruschetta – Fresh summer tomatoes make the best bruschetta! Top with single serve balsamic vinaigrette packets, and you can have bruschetta for 1 or many, any night of the week!
What a fun weekend, not ready to be back to work yet. I spent the weekend in Denver with a friend for a girls weekend, and it was so much fun. We ate way too much, laughed a ton, chatted until the wee hours of the morning, walked all over the place, went to a baseball game, and enjoyed a few drinks. So nice to get away, and spend quality time with your friends every once in awhile. But now I am back home, exhausted, and have to get back to work. Real life can be a lot of work sometimes 🙂
Fresh tomatoes are starting to show up in farmers markets and in gardens everywhere. I don’t have any red ones yet on my plants, but they are getting close. Bruschetta is one of our favorite things to make with fresh tomatoes. It is so easy, and the flavors are so fresh and good when you start with a good tomato. My husband is a HUGE fan of balsamic vinegar, so these easy balsamic bruschetta are one of his favorites. The bruschetta come together in just minutes, so you can make them any night of the week.
Easy balsamic bruschetta comes together thanks to STAR single-portion vinaigrette packs. All you have to do is chop up tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Then you just pour the vinaigrette over each slice of bruschetta. You really can’t get any easier. The single-portion packs mean that if you are having a craving, you can just grab a fresh tomato and enjoy a few slices of bruschetta in minutes. A great snack, appetizer for a crowd, or a light dinner this summer. You can find the single serve packs at select Harris Teeter, Safeway (No. California and Colorado area) stores and online at http://bit.ly/STARVinPorPack. I saw some at my local Target last week too, so check there as well.
- 1 baguette
- 2 Tbsp . STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large tomatoes, , diced
- 1 clove garlic, , minced
- 1/4 cup basil, , roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 STAR Single-Serving Vinaigrette Portion Packs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices on a baking sheet and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Heat baguette for about 4-5 minutes per side until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a bowl mix together diced tomato, garlic and basil, season with salt and pepper.
- Once bread has cooled, top each slice with some of the tomato mixture. Shake the vinaigrette packet, and drizzle over the top of the tomatoes. One vinaigrette pack should cover 3 slices of bread.
Amount Per ServingCalories 332 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 644mg Carbohydrates 50g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 10g
Looking for other great summer appetizers?
**I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.