Summer time is the time of entertaining. It seems that almost every weekend someone is having a get together, and you are bringing a dish to share. I love getting to hang out with friends, relax, and enjoy good food. But sometimes, I struggle with what to bring. I don’t want to bring the same thing all of the time, so I try to mix it up. Plus, I want it to be quick and easy! I know, I am kind of picky aren’t I?
I think that dips can be a great thing to make for a party, and they are easy to change. We have always been known for our salsa recipes in the past. Ever since we got married (even before, actually), we have had a garden. Tomatoes and hot peppers have been something that we always grow a large amount of. We like to freeze and sometimes can salsa to have year round. So bringing salsa to get togethers, is kind of something we have a reputation for. Obviously, not a bad thing, but I am trying to change that! Crab Rangoon Dip, Roasted Shallots & Garlic Dip, Artichoke Jalapeno Dip, and many others here on the blog….see I am trying to branch out!
I am kind of obsessed with roasted garlic lately, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it immediately. I used Stonyfield Greek yogurt for the base, so it is even on the healthy side! If I can have roasted garlic, in a creamy dip, and not have to feel guilty about eating it, I am going to say that is a good day. And you want to know something else? This dip was ready in just about 15 minutes, and that includs roasting the garlic! My husband added a little Sriracha to his for a little heat, so if you like it spicy I suggest you try that! Serve with cut up veggies, pita chips, or even cubes of bread and everyone will love it. Just be prepared, you might have to make more!
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, , unpeeled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt, (I used Stonyfield)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, (light)
- 2 Tbls fresh chives, , finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Sriracha, (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the unpeeled garlic in a single layer in the pan, and cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Once you can pierce the garlic with a fork remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic from their skins, and place in a mini food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a bowl stir together yogurt, sour cream, salt pepper and chives. Add in the smooth roasted garlic.
- If you want to add a little heat mix in the Sriracha.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe from Cooking Light
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 51Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 9mgSodium 336mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I am honored to be a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received product or coupons for writing this post, but all opinions are my own.