Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins – Jif Peanut Butter Powder bumps up the protein but keeps these peanut butter banana muffins good for you!
There has been a whole lot of eating going on around here over the last couple of weeks. Vacation in Florida meant a lot of eating out. Way too many French fries were consumed over 10 days. Then a weekend of eating with friends. I am not sure I have ever eaten so much in 3 days. So yeah….things need to change around here! And these Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Muffins are a good start.
I discovered this new Jif Peanut Butter Powder from The J.M. Smucker Company. It is perfect for baking. It gives you all the flavor of peanut butter, but without all the fat. Lots of protein (7 grams) but 85% less fat than traditional peanut butter. It is perfect for your morning smoothie, but you know me and my love of muffins! I just had to turn peanut butter chocolate chip muffins into a better for you breakfast. And banana and peanut butter are perfect together!
Check it out!! I made a quick video to show you just how easy these banana peanut butter chocolate chip muffins are to make. Seriously, you can have them in the oven in 5 minutes! These chocolate chip muffins freeze really well too, so you can have breakfast in minutes all week long. My son loves when we have muffins in the freezer, and he was super excited about these. He loves banana muffins and peanut butter, so these were definitely made for him. Plus chocolate chips….because they make everything better!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins by The View from the Great Island
Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Tangerine Raspberry Muffins
Cinnamon Muffins by Taste and Tell
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins - Jif Protein Powder bumps up the protein but keeps these peanut butter banana muffins good for you!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Jif Peanut Butter Powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips+ more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, peanut butter powder, brown sugar, sugar and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together banana, egg, oil, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture stir until it starts to come together. Pour in the milk, and stir until just combined.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JM Smuckers. The opinions and text are all mine.