Crispy bacon wrapped hot dogs topped with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and a spicy Sriracha ranch.
Hot dogs are kind of a staple at most American barbeques in the summer. Often times there are choices between hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats. At least in Wisconsin brats are always on the menu. I love a good hot dog in the summer, topped with ketchup and raw onions….perfection! Especially if you are at a sporting event, then it is kind of a must! That and a beer. Well today, I am kind of upping the anti when it comes to hot dogs. These aren’t your average backyard barbeque hot dog, but they definitely should make an appearance at your next event!
I think it is pretty common knowledge these days, that most things are better with bacon. So why not combine wrap bacon around your hot dog before grilling it. When you grill it, it gets super crispy, and charred from the grill. There really is nothing like it. It takes a little longer that your average hot dog to grill, because you have to get the bacon cooked as well. But trust me, it is so worth it! Just be sure to secure the bacon on the hot dog with toothpicks, or you will have a mess on your hands.
BLT’s happen to be one of my favorite sandwiches in the summer. Then you have fresh from the garden tomatoes, and add sliced avocado….yum! Avocados belong on a BLT in my opinion (or BLAT’s as I like to call them). So I put crispy bacon wrapped hot dogs, diced avocado, diced tomatoes and lettuce on a bun. Instead of traditional ketchup or mustard I topped them with a Sriracha and ranch dressing combo. A little heat, creamy, and the best pairing for a BLT. Set up a toppings bar at your next barbeque, and be sure to have it stocked with these BLT toppings!
- 8 hot dogs (I used Applegate Hot Dogs)
- 8 slices of bacon
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tsp Sriracha (adjust to taste)
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- 8 hot dog buns
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each hot dog. Secure the bacon on each end with tooth picks.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on the grill. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine ranch dressing and Sriracha. Mix well, adjust the heat level to your liking.
- Serve hot dogs on a bun topped with avocado, tomato, lettuce and spicy ranch.
**I used Applegate Hot Dogs for this recipe. Applegate sent me a Wienervention kit to use how I wanted. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.