Chicken Yakitori – super fast chicken dinner recipe with lots of Asian flavors. On the table in minutes! Great over rice or even as chicken skewers.
No school here today!! My 10 year old and I are going out to lunch, going to a movie, and just hanging out! Should be a relaxing and nice day. Tomorrow we are headed up to go skiing, so we could use a relaxing day first. My husband wasn’t a huge fan last time we went, so this time my brother is going to join us. He used to be a ski instructor and taught my son how to ski. But now that he has improved so much, I am hoping he can teach him some new skills! Any fun plans for you this weekend?
Getting dinner on the table every night can be a chore, I get that. I am with you 100%. So my job is to give you lots of new ideas. I love quick and easy dinners, and use them ALL THE TIME! So I have a whole slew of them for you, and am always trying to bring you new ones. So chicken…..Yeah, chicken can be boring. I have 2 pounds of chicken in my fridge right now, and my family saw it and moaned. But you can make chicken tasty and fun! And that is exactly what this Chicken Yakitori is. It is bite sized pieces of chicken that is cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce. You can then serve over rice or even just bake them on skewers.
I served our chicken yakitori over rice. I doubled the original sauce recipe (what I used is posted below), so we would have plenty of sauce to go with our rice. Because one thing my family doesn’t like, is plain and boring rice. This chicken yakitori is so easy. You cook it under the broiler in about 10 minutes. And the sauce comes together in just minutes. So start to finish you can be eating in 20 minutes. You can’t beat that!! So add chicken yakitori to your menu right away, and your family won’t dread chicken night
Chicken Yakitori - super fast chicken dinner recipe with lots of Asian flavors. On the table in minutes! Great over rice or even as chicken skewers.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 2 Tbls fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs), but into 1 inch pieces
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbls toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small sauce pan combine soy sauce, mirin, oil, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Heat over medium high heat until it simmers. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, until it thickens.
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Pour sauce over chicken, tossing to coat. Pour into prepared pan, spread into a single layer. Sprinkle onions over the chicken.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes then turn chicken. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice.
Adapted from Cooking Light http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-easy-superfast-asian-recipes/chicken-takitori
Want more Chicken Dinners?
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.