Fall is quickly becoming my favorite season. I have always thought spring was my favorite, but I might have been wrong. The colors, the flavors, the cooler temps, but still sunny days are proving to be a good thing. Pumpkin is becoming very prominent here on this blog, I hope you are loving it as much as I am.
Remember when I made Vanilla Granola? Well, that turned out so well, I just had to do a fall version. Pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, all flavors of fall. They all blended perfectly in this granola. It was perfect on top of vanilla yogurt, and my son enjoyed it plain as a snack.
The mix in possibilities are endless. I went with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. But you could do all kinds of different nuts or seeds, raisins or other dried fruit, or even skip the chocolate all together. That is the nice thing about granola, you can easily tailor it to whatever your family likes. Plus it freezes really well, so you don’t have to eat it all right away.
Granola with all the flavors of fall - cinnamon, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Perfect for a snack or breakfast.
5 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl mix together oats and Rice Krispies. In a separate bowl combine cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple sryrup and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture over the oats, and stir until everything is evenly coated. Spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stir the oats, bake for an additional 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Once cool mix in dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. Store in an air tight container.
Adapted from Baking Bites