Vanilla Granola – Sweet and crunchy almond vanilla granola that is so much better than anything from the store!
Granola is one of those things that once you make it at home, you won’t really go back to store bought. It is so easy to make at home, and you can add in all of your favorite things! Almonds, craisins, white chocolate chips…you name it!
Years ago there was a Vanilla Scented granola from the store that I loved. I was determined to make it healthier at home, and this is what I came up with. 6 years later it is still a favorite!
My favorite way to make this is with almonds, but just about any nut will work. Walnuts is another delicious option. The nice thing about homemade granola, is you can really customize it to whatever you like.
How to Make Vanilla Granola
- All of the dry ingredients get mix together and then spread out on a baking sheet. Here that is your oats, krispie cereal, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan you mix together the oil, sugar, and honey. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla at this point.
- Pour this mixture over the oats and mix until everything is coated.
- Put it in a low oven and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and then mix in the craisins. At this point you can add in other seeds that you want or let it cool for a little bit and mix in white chocolate chips.
Homemade Granola is great to have on hand for snacks or breakfasts. We love it over yogurt with fruit or you can enjoy it with milk like traditional cereal. Or when you are craving something crunchy or sweet, it makes a great thing to snack on.
Store granola in an air tight container and it is good in the pantry for a few weeks.
Can You Freeze Granola
Yes, you absolutely can! Just store in a freezer safe bag or air tight container and it will last for a few months in the freezer.
We like to give homemade granola as gifts in a cut jar with a ribbon at the holidays, so knowing it can freeze and last awhile is great!
So skip the store bought granola that is always over priced and has way more sugar and ingredients that you need. Homemade is super easy, and tastes so much better!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry Muffins
- Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Homemade Granola with Pumpkin Seeds
- Blueberry French Toast Bake
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line or spray a large baking sheet (with edges) with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, Rice Krispies, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small sauce pan combine the honey and coconut oil. Over medium heat bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Pour oil mixture over the oats. Mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Granola should be a light golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven, and mix in the dried cranberries.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before removing from the pan. Store in an air-tight container.
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 112mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 17gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!