Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Bacon and Sage – Dinner is ready in just 20 minutes! Crunchy smokey bacon, fresh sage, and Parmesan cheese with sweet potato gnocchi make a wonderful flavor combination.
So apparently we are remodeling part of our kitchen. We have been having problems with our freezer for over a year now. Usually we just thaw it out, and it is good for another 6 months. But this time it started leaking again after just a few days. Our builder put in a built-in fridge, which is extra wide. So we can’t just replace it. Luckily it is on the shorter wall of our kitchen, so it doesn’t affect the entire kitchen. But it still means way more work, time, and money than just getting a new fridge. I am excited and annoyed all at the same time!
Considering my kitchen is going to be a mess in the coming months, it is time to figure out how to cook with minimal space and appliances. This sweet potato gnocchi is perfect. One pan is all it takes. You don’t even have to boil the gnocchi, you make it in the skillet with the bacon. Super easy, and super fast. A 20 minute dinner for those crazy weeknights. Serve with a salad for a complete meal!
I made these sweet potato gnocchi when my parents were here. My dad was a little skeptical of the bacon and the sage with gnocchi. But once dinner was served, he loved it. The combination just works together. I am guessing, now that this recipe is being posted, my mom will be making it very soon. Great comfort food for not a lot of calories, really can’t beat that!
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 (16 oz) package sweet potato gnocchi
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 3 Tbls Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan to cool and crumble.
- Drain bacon grease, leaving about 1 1/2 Tbls in the pan.
- Heat over medium high heat. Add gnocchi, cooking about 7-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Push the gnocchi to the side of the pan. Add butter and olive oil to the pan. Once melted, add sage. Cook until fragrant.
- Add bacon to the pan, tossing everything together. Season with pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Want more Gnocchi Recipes?