We have a slight disagreement in our house. My husband and I both really like Thai food and Indian food. I like Indian over Thai, he likes Thia over Indian. Considering I am the cook, that means we have Indian more than we have Thai. I tried to make Pad Thai once, and it just didn’t turn out. I have figured out what I did wrong, so I just need to try again. Not sure why I haven’t yet. So in an effort to be a good wife, I made a Thai Curry.
When we go out for Thai food, we don’t usually get curry. I always get Pad Thai, I mean always! My husband tries a couple different things, but they are usually noodle dishes of some sort. So although, this definitely had lots of Thai flavors, and we both loved it, I am not sure I am off the hook yet. Must. Make. More. Thai.
I will admit I was slightly nervous about the green curry. I am weird like that. If it is a strange color it makes me nervous. I am used to red curries, so this was a little different for me. It was perfectly spicy, and the coconut milk gave it great flavor. We will be making this many more times in the future!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 1 Tbls flour
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 2 Tbls green curry paste
- 3 green onions, chopped (only the green part)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbls fish sauce
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 2 Tbls sugar
- cilantro, garnish
- In a bowl toss the chicken with 1 tbls soy sauce and the flour, coating evenly. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken, and saute until browned (about 5 minutes). Remove chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the curry paste. Cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add green onions, garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, and stir until the chicken is coated with the curry mixture. Mix the coconut milk, fish sauce, 1 tbls soy sauce, and sugar in with the chicken. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, garnish with cilantro