Corn and Radish Salad – An easy radish and corn salad topped with an avocado dressing. Great use of summer produce!
What a busy weekend! It was our first weekend in forever that we didn’t have plans. But it turned into a busy and exhausting weekend! We wen up to Rocky Mountain National Park and went on a beautiful hike. It was almost 9 miles long. Then we met up with friends who were camping in the park. We haven’t seen them in almost a year, so it was good to catch up. At least we got to hang out at home on Sunday for most of the day (my son talked us into playing tennis). So after a long hike on Saturday and hiking with my son on Thursday (pictures on Instagram) I was kind of tired!
Recently my husband went to the grocery store for a few things and came home with a bunch of radishes. I have had radishes on salads at restaurants before, but I have never done anything with them on my own. My husband wanted to try them, so I decided to make a radish salad with them. Corn salad is one of my favorite things in the summer, so I figured I would see what I could do to try to combine the two. And then top it with an avocado dressing, because we can not get enough avocados in our life.
Radish salad is cool and crisp and a great side dish or light lunch. The radishes are super crunchy and slightly spicy. The avocado dressing is creamy and balances out the peppery radishes. I think that my husband will be buying radishes again next time he goes to the store alone. I might even have to try to see what else I can do with them, because they were kind of a hit!
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 ears corn (or 1 1/2 cups corn kernels)
- 4 cups butter lettuce
- 1 cup radish , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Avocado-Herb Dressing (Recipe here)
- Remove husks from the corn, and cut the kernels from the ears. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until corn is cooked and slightly charred.
- In a large bowl add lettuce, corn, and radishes. Toss sliced avocado with lime juice. Add to salad.
- Serve with Avocado-Herb Dressing.
Recipe from Cooking Light
Here are a few other summer salads you might like