Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oreos – homemade oreos are so easy to make, and these are sandwiched around (egg-free) peanut butter cookie dough!
Welcome to the day 2 of Cookie Week, hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen! We’ve teamed together with 10 other talented bloggers to bring you 5 fantastic days of cookie recipes to get you in to the holiday spirits. If you love to pin make sure to check out our #CookieWeek Pinterest board full of all the cookie recipes you’ll see here this week!
Our sponsors for this event have provided us with some great prizes and we’d like to extend a huge thank you for their generosity. Thanks to Imperial Sugar, Circulon, Peanut Butter & Co. and Page Street Publishing for being a part of Cookie Week!
I have made homemade Oreo’s a couple times before. Once for Valentine’s Day and another time with a Peppermint filling. The dough comes together in the food processor, and then you just slice and bake. It really could not be easier! Last year a version of cookie dough Oreo’s were available in the stores. I am a fan of cookie dough anything, so I was very excited about this! To me, it had a strong flavor of coffee though, so I was disappointed. I decided to just take matters into my own hands, and make these peanut butter cookie dough sandwich cookies.
The peanut butter cookie dough is egg free, so you do not need to worry about who you are giving it to. Homemade Oreo’s are way better than their store bought counter part. They are not as crispy, but they have a rich real dark chocolate flavor that can not be beat. Plus you can fill them with anything you can dream up! Be sure to add these sandwich cookies to your holiday cookie tray this year. They will disappear quickly!
Did you ever wonder what happens when 2 food bloggers go shopping together? Those cute little milk bottles in the background, that is what happens. You will notice Katrina has the same ones 🙂
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 up cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, , softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbls milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a food processor mix together sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the butter a few pieces at a time, with the motor running. Pulse to incorporate. Add the egg and vanilla. Pulse until the dough starts to form. Turn the dough onto a clean surface. Form into a log/rope that is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap, and let chill in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove dough from the fridge and remove plastic wrap. Using a sharp knife, slice dough about 1/4 inch thick. Place dough on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes until set and cookies look dry. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla and milk. Stir in flour and salt until well combined.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, use a cookie scoop to place a round ball of cookie dough in the center of the cookie. Place another cookie on top, and gently press down. Repeat until all of the cookies are gone. You may have a little extra filling, it depends on how thick you make them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 36mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 6g
How to enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling us know what your favorite cookie is to bake during the holidays.
- Many more additional ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget.
1 (one) lucky person will win a the prizes listed above, who will be randomly chosen through Rafflecopter. This giveaway is open from Monday, November 3rd, 2014 to Monday, November 11th 11:59 EST to US residents only. 1 winner will be contacted by me via email and will have 48 hours to respond, at which time a new winner will be drawn. Good luck!
Make sure to stop by and see what else is baking up today.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups by Chocolate Moosey
- Guava Thumbprint Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oreo Cookies by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Pineapple Cookies with Vanilla Rum Glaze by Cooking in Stilettos