Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies – Thick and chewy cookies filled with maraschino cherries and plenty of chocolate! A fun and festive twist for Valentine’s Day.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day I love all things pink. And these cherry chocolate chip cookies are a fun idea you can make pretty much anytime. The pink coloring is completely optional, but I think it makes them fun!
Click HERE for the full recipe.
Cherry and chocolate are just a classic combination that work together. Chocolate covered cherries are a classic treat around the holidays, but that flavor combo should really be enjoyed all year round in more things. And these cookies are a perfect example.
These cherry chocolate chip cookies are loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries. And to really bring out the cherry flavor and have it compliment the chocolate, almond extract is used in place of the normal vanilla. It is a match made in heaven!
How To Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start by creaming the butter and both sugars together for a couple minutes, until they are light and fluffy.
- Then you mix in the eggs, almond extract and food coloring. The food coloring is optional, if you don’t want pink cookies, leave it out.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt and mix until everything is just combined.
- Finally fold in the chopped cherries and chocolate.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes before scooping balls of dough onto a baking sheet and baking.
- The cherries have a lot of moisture in them, so you really want to drain them well. I pour them into a small strainer and let them sit for about 10 minutes while I get everything else ready, and then I chop them.
- The dough will be sticky, no matter how well I drained the cherries, they still let off moisture in the dough. Do not add more flour to compensate, the cookies will bake up just fine!
- Mix up your chocolate. I use semi-sweet in this recipe, but you can use dark chocolate, leave out the chocolate or I am sure white chocolate would be delicious as well.
- If you want your cookies to look picture perfect, add a couple chocolate chips and pieces of cherries onto your balls of dough before you put them in the oven.
- The food coloring is completely optional. I used about 7-8 drop of liquid food coloring for the color shown here. If you have food coloring gel that would work as well and get you a more even color. But if you want to leave it out, your cookies will just look like chocolate chip cookies with cherries, no problem with that!
These maraschino cherry chocolate chip cookies are the perfect addition to your Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or even just a Tuesday. Do you really need an excuse to make cookies?
If you have a little girl who loves pink, these cookies would be so much fun for a birthday or tea party!
If you are a fan of maraschino cherries and love chocolate covered cherries, these cookies are made for you! They are super easy to make and are a fun way to mix up your traditional chocolate chip cookies.
More Cookie Recipes
- Lime Cooler Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Soft Monster Cookies
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Andes Mint Cake Mix Cookies
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies to get the full recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!