Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – use those over ripe bananas to make moist banana muffins with peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Wow, the name for these muffins is a mouthful! Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Say that 5 times fast. That is ok though, they are really good! Chocolate Chip Muffins are definitely a favorite in this house. But I always have over ripe bananas sitting around, begging to be turned into something delicious.
So I decided to combine few of my favorite things and make these little guys. They were a definite hit! In fact, my 6 year old just had them again for breakfast this morning.
I was surprised last time I posted a muffin recipe the comments I got from people who didn’t realize you could freeze muffins! I do it ALL the time! We are a family of 3, and 1 of us isn’t a huge muffin eater. So 12 muffins is more than we need for sure. So as soon as my son and I are done with breakfast, the rest of the muffins go in a freezer storage bag, and into the freezer.
Then whenever we want muffins, we just take one out, and microwave it for about 30 seconds. They taste pretty darn close to fresh muffins, and then you can have them any time! Perfect for a busy family with lots going on in the morning, or an after school snack. Plus, then I don’t have to feel guilty for trying new muffins recipes all the time.
I have yet to find a muffin that doesn’t freeze well, and trust me I have tried a lot of muffins! Peanut butter and banana are a classic combination and these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are no exeption!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins by Cookin’ Canuck
Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins by Mom on Timeout
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup banana , mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or liners. (This made 16 muffins for me)
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder. Mix in chocolate chips. In a separate bowl mix together milk, banana, peanut butter, egg oil, and vanilla. Combine the banana mixture with the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 14-18 minutes. Cool in pan for a few minutes before removing.