Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites – dinner is ready in 15 minutes with these chicken bites. A little sweet, a little spicy…the whole family will love it!
I think that you all know by now, I am all about quick and easy dinners. If it can be made in one pan, that is even better! I don’t want to spend a ton of time making dinner every night, but I want to have a tasty and complete meal each night. And I don’t want to have take-out or fast food, because my jeans really don’t like that. So it is dinners like this Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites that are a staple in my kitchen.
My good friend Mary from the blog Barefeet in the Kitchen has a new book out, completely dedicated to weeknight dinners; The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook: Simple Family-Friendly Recipes for Everyday Home Cooking! There are quite a few 15-25 minute recipes, 30-45 minutes recipes, as well as some that just take 5 minutes of prep, and the rest of the work is hands off. A whole chapter on side dishes too; that is my dream come true. I struggle with side dishes almost every night. Plus a few desserts for good measure; because what is life without dessert! Mary is one of the sweetest people I know, and I am so happy to get to cook from her book in my kitchen.
So the first recipe I made from Mary’s book are these Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites. I have made her honey chipotle meatloaf, Cajun potatoes, and Italian chicken bites as well. Every recipe has been super easy and my family has loved them. The chicken bites are ready in about 15 minutes, from start to finish. You really can’t ask for better than that. They have a little heat from the chipotle pepper (which you could reduce if you don’t like heat), are sweet, saucy, and delicious. I served with white rice to soak up the sauce. These sweet chili chicken bites will be on regular rotation at my house from now on.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, , skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, , minced
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 Tbls white vinegar
- thinly sliced green onions for topping
- Cut chicken into small 1/2 inch pieces, and put into a medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 Tbls olive oil, cornstarch, salt, paprika, chile powder, cumin, garlic, and cayenne. Toss until everything is well coated. In a small bowl mix together honey, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and vinegar.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/2 Tbls olive oil to the pan. When oil is shimmering, add chicken to the pan. Stir chicken until no longer pink and lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan. Add honey mixture to the hot pan. Set sauce simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. When you can drag a spatula across the bottom of the pain, and the sauce leaves a trail, add chicken back to the pan. Simmer for 1 minute, mixing to coat chicken. Serve immediately topped with green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 386Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 208mgSodium 607mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Other recipes from The Weeknight Cookbook You Might Like:
- Honey-Chipotle Meatloaf by Bellyfull
- Italian Rice Pilaf by All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf by Foodie with Family
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes by The Noshery