Mango Pineapple Smoothie – this tropical smoothie is a refreshing smoothie full of pineapple, mango, orange and lime juice. It is like vacation for breakfast!
Smoothies are such a great way to start the day. They are full of fruit, you can add all sorts of things to make them filling and good for you, and they are tasty! Mango and pineapple together just reminds you of vacation on the beach.
When I am making a smoothie I like it to be nice and thick. So I always use frozen fruit and plenty of yogurt. I think Greek yogurt is great for smoothies, because it is so thick and creamy, and full of protein. So it helps keep you fuller longer.
What’s in a Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
- Honey (optional)
How to Make a Mango Pineapple Smoothie
I like to start with frozen fruit when I am making smoothies, so I don’t have to add ice. But if you are using fresh fruit you will add about a cup of ice to the recipe as well.
- Add all of the ingredients together in the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick you can add additional liquid to thin it out.
I sometimes like to top with just a little bit of granola for something extra.
Tips for the Best Smoothies
- I like Greek yogurt for a thick and creamy smoothie, but if you only have regular yogurt it definitely works.
- You can always mix in flax seed, chia seed, wheat germ and other things to bulk up the nutrition. More often than not you will never know they are there!
- Fruit juices add sugar to your smoothie, but they also add flavor. If you want to cut calories skip the orange juice in this smoothie and use water or milk or milk alternative you like.
- I like to start with frozen fruit when making smoothie. If you have berries, bananas, mango or any fruit that is about to go bad, you can add it to a bag in the freezer and always have fruit on hand for quick smoothies.
- The riper the fruit you use the less added sweetener you use. I like to blend the smoothie first to taste, and then add honey if necessary.
More Smoothie Breakfast Recipes
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Kiwi Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional to taste)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- In a blender combine yogurt, pineapple, mango, orange juice, lime juice and flax meal. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add honey if desired.
- Serve immediately
Slightly Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 6mgSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 4gSugar 61gProtein 14g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!