Cheesy Skillet Gnocchi is a one pan, quick and easy dinner. A healthified version of pure comfort food.
Looks like the holidays are over and it is back to work. My son doesn’t actually have school today, but for the rest of the world, it is back into routine, schedules, work, and school. I am so ready to be back. I loved being home with my family for the last two weeks, but the lack of structure gets to me.
Over the last few days my husband and I, cleaned out closets in our house. We have so much stuff it is incredible. So much work to go through everything (I am talking days), but it feels so good to get rid of stuff and de-clutter. Now to see how long we can keep it that way!
Now that the holidays are over, and resolutions have been made, it is time to get to healthy eating. I am all about eating better, but it still has to taste good. And preferably resemble “normal” food. I fully support lots of fruit and veggies in a diet, but I also want to eat satisfying dinners.
This Cheesy Skillet Gnocchi checks all the boxes in my book. It tastes amazing, is lower in calories, and you can serve a big salad and fruit on the side to complete the meal.
My husband absolutely loved this cheesy skillet gnoccii. I mean, what isn’t to love, really? Cheese, sausage, gnocchi and all in a delicious tomato sauce. Plus, it is ready in about 20 minutes, with only one skillet. You don’t have to boil any water to cook the gnocchi separately, everything is done in one pan. I just bought more gnocchi the other day, this will be happening again next week at my house!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Skillet Beans and Rice with Kielbasa by Belly Full
One Pot Creamy Shrimp Pasta by Wine and Glue
Creamy Sausage Spinach Pasta
Pizza Pasta Skillet
- 1 (16 oz) package gnocchi
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes , diced (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, and cook gnocchi for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add sausage to the pan, and cook until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pan. Cook for about 7 minutes, until tomatoes are soft. Add gnocchi and sausage back to the pan. Pour in cream, and stir until everything is warm.
- Top with cheese, heat until melted.