Sausage spinach pasta is quick, easy, and sure to please the entire family. A creamy tomato sauce gives it tons of flavor!
My family loves pasta recipes, especially a hearty pasta loaded with sausage, spinach, and tomatoes. It is full of flavor, filling, and delicious. Plus it is ready in 20 minutes, which is perfect for busy weeknights.
This isn’t quite a one pan recipe the pasta is boiled separately while you make the sauce. But it is still just as quick and easy!
What’s In Tomato Spinach Pasta
- Short Cut Pasta – anything like rotini, penne, bowtie or even macaroni
- Olive Oil
- Sausage – any kind of sausage, Italian sausage, chicken sausage, turkey sausage etc.
- Italian Diced Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Milk or Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Spinach Pasta
- Start by bring a pot of water to boil and cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the sausage, onions and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sausage starts to brown and the onions get soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, milk, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach until it is wilted.
- Mix in the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese for topping.
What Kind Of Sausage To Use
You really can use any type of sausage you want. Any of the different flavored link sausage that works with Italian flavors, chicken sausage, turkey sausage or even bulk Italian sausage works. The recipe calls for slicing links, but if you use bulk sausage, just break it up with the onions and cook the recipe the same. If there is excess fat from the sausage, drain before you make the sauce.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach
Yes, you absolutely can use frozen spinach. Just thaw and squeeze out the liquid before you add it to the sauce. Bags of fresh spinach freeze well for smoothies, if you have extra and want to save it. Add to Mix Berry Smoothies for quick breakfasts.
What To Serve With Spinach Pasta
Can I Use A Different Pasta
Yes, you can really use any pasta that you want. You just need to cook it according to the package directions before adding to the sauce. So any shape, whole grain, added protein, or even vegetable (gluten-free) pasta works great!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Air Fryer Sausage
- French Onion Chicken
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Potato Tacos
- Taco Sloppy Joes
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- 12 ounces Short Cut Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 small Onion, Finely chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Spinach, Roughly chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add sausage, garlic, and onion. Sauté until the onions are soft, and the sausage is starting to brown; 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, half and half, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until everything is well combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, until wilted.
- Add drained pasta, stirring to combine.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 53mgSodium 1272mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 18g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!