Chewy Molasses Cookies – Perfectly spiced, tender and chewy molasses cookie that are perfect for any holiday baking tray!
Welcome to Day One of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Today is the 3rd year I have participated in Christmas Week. I am so happy that all of us are getting together again to bring you a full week of yummy treats and a great giveaway. Some highlights I have shared in years past are Pumpkin Dream Cake, Frosted Sugar Cookies, Homemade Caramels, and one of my favorites; Pomegranate Margaritas! Trust me, there are some other amazing recipes coming up this week, so please check back!
I am so excited about these cookies. I sent them to 3 other bloggers as part of the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, and they received rave reviews! I kept a few at home, and they were so chewy and good. They are full of some great fall spices, and the flavor comes through so well. I am normally a full on chocolate girl, if you have visited here at all, you know that about me. But sometimes you just have to switch it up, and these chewy molasses cookies are the way to do it! If you are looking for another cookie to add to your holiday baking list, these need to be it! The recipe only makes about 20 cookies, but you can double it very easily. I went that route, and I suggest you do as well 🙂
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbls butter , softened
- 8 Tbls sugar , divided
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together butter 5 Tbls of sugar, and brown sugar for 3 minutes, until fluffy. Add the egg, and beat for 30 seconds. Mix in molasses. Slowly add flour mixture, until everything is just combined.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop balls of dough about 1 1/2 inches in size. Roll each ball of dough in the remaining 3 Tbls of sugar.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are just set.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Coconut Layer Cake by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Monster Cookie Cake by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen (It’s Susan’s birthday today as well! Happy Birthday, Susan!)
- Chewy Molasses Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Cranberry Berry Pomegranate Sangria by Mind Over Batter
- Cranberry Cheesecake by From Gate to Plate
- Eggnog Made Easier by Cookistry
- Eggnog Muffins with Eggnog Glaze by Food Lust People Love
- Finnish Pulla (Cardamom Coffee Braid) by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Red Velvet Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Millionaire’s Shortbread Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
Giveaway Prizes include:
One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbook:
One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley