We may be on summer break around here, but somehow our mornings are no less busy than during the school year. My 9 year old is doing a science type camp this week, that starts at 8am! That is an hour earlier than his school started. Next week he is doing an outdoor survival type came with a bunch of his friends. This one also starts at 8am. So yeah, sleeping in is not happening around here anytime soon! But he is having fun, learning new things, and getting to enjoy time outside, so it is all worth it in the end.
Because our mornings are so crazy for these next couple of weeks, I am relying on a favorite staple to get us through. Muffins!! If you are a regular around here, you know I am semi obsessed with muffins. So it should come as no surprise that I have a fun new flavor for you. This time I used Silk Original Coconut Milk to help give my muffins a hint of flavor and super soft texture. Silk has three different varieties of coconut milk available (original, unsweetened, and vanilla), all of them would work great with these muffins.
Right now you can head to the Silk website to get a $1 off coupon, so you can pick up coconut milk to try at home. If you are looking for even more ideas for recipes to try, be sure to check out their Pinterest Page. Everything from smoothies to meatballs are on the list. I am really excited to try the coconut milk with a chicken curry type dish. We love Thai and Asian flavors, and this seems like it is going to work really well with these types of dishes. Or you know, pie and smoothies or even oatmeal would be good too!
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Silk Original Coconut milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips. Mix together vegetable oil, egg, and coconut in a small bowl. Gently mix with flour mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full (makes approx 10 muffins). Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.