I have about had it with winter. I realize it is only the beginning of February, but I am over the snow and cold. Part of the reason we moved to Colorado was for the mild winters. Well the last two weeks have been anything but, and I am over it. I have shoveled enough, my back is sore, and I am tired of my toes always being cold. We joked recently about moving to Australia. The longer this winter goes on, the more I am on board with that idea! So to get over the winter blues, I made pizza. I used Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes, and they were so good. I haven’t always been a really big fan of artichokes, but over the last year I have become a convert. Between this artichoke pesto, and this artichoke dip; I have grown to love them. So when STAR asked if I would use their new Mediterranean Cooking oil and Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes in a recipe, I was super excited to see what I could come up with. My husband is a huge artichoke fan, so I asked him what he would like. Some kind of white pizza was his first response, so I went for it. I used Naan bread as the crust. Feel free to buy it at the store, or you can make your own using this Naan bread recipe. Instead of a real sauce, I generously brushed the crust with Medditeranean Cooking Oil. I topped my pizza with chicken, crumbled bacon, grilled artichokes, and cheese. We all loved this pizza, it was so good. The grilled artichokes have such a great flavor that goes really well with the bacon. Then you melt cheese over it, and how can it be bad? This white pizza is great for quick weeknight dinner, or even for appetizers at your next get together.
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper
- STAR Mediterranean Cooking Oil
- 2 8-inch pieces Naan bread
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup Cara Mia Grilled Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small skillet heat 1 Tbls cooking oil over medium high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan, and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan, and slice thinly.
- Place Naan bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush generously with Mediterranean cooking oil.
- Top with crumbled bacon, grilled artichoke hearts, and sliced chicken. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Please head over to Steph’s Bite by Bite to help out baby Noah. Noah suffers from severe autism, and insurance doesn’t cover the treatment he needs. I am offering up my Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats. Head over and bid on them, so you can get a fun package from me in the mail!
** I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development.