Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy -easy comfort food that won’t break the bank! Rich mushroom gravy over tender hamburger steaks is a great weeknight dinner.
School has been going for almost 6 weeks here, hard to believe how fast it has gone. We are just getting into the grove of practice for robotics, basketball starts soon, and science Olympiad started this week. My 11 year old wants to be part of pretty much everything that his school offers.
I think it is great for him to try out new things, meet some new kids, and get involved. But man, this is turning into a busy fall! He is loving it though, and he is growing from it, so it is a good thing.
With some kind of practice almost every night of the week I need quick dinners to get us all fed. I have a ton of one pot meals on here already, because we pretty much live off them.
This dish is also made completely in one pan, but you still need a side dish to go with it, so I am not calling it a one pan meal this time. But everything you see here, is all done in a skillet. Hamburger steaks with mushroom gravy is a super easy, comforting, and a great dinner.
My family loves steaks, but they aren’t always the most affordable dinner. So this time we are using ground beef, and making it into hamburger steaks. Mixing in Worcestershire sauce with the ground beef gives it a heartier, beefier flavor. Plus a tiny bit of olive oil helps give it more of a rich flavor, so you aren’t just eating a hamburger patty.
You make a quick mushroom gravy to really add lots of flavor. I love mushrooms, so I always make extra. If you love them too, I suggest using 2 packages of mushrooms. I served the hamburger steaks with mashed potatoes, and it was delicious. A hearty meal, that is ready in minutes, and the whole family will love.
We love easy dinners, some of our favorites are:
- Chicken Yakitori
- Crispy Herbed Shrimp
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Best Ever Meatloaf by Pip and Ebby
- Amish Country Poor Man’s Hamburger Steaks by Sweet Little Bluebird
- Creamy Beef Noodle Bake by Together as a Family
- Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy by Call me PMC
Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy -easy comfort food that won't break the bank! Rich mushroom gravy over tender hamburger steaks is a great weeknight dinner.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce1
- 1 1/2 Tbls olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms (crimini, or baby bella), sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix together ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbls olive oil, swirling to coat. Add hamburger patties, and cook for 3 minutes each side. Remove from the pan.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to the pan. Mix in mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- In a small bowl mix chicken stock and flour together.
- Add chicken stock mixture, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Add hamburger steaks back to the pan. Cook for 4 more minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/essential-weeknight-recipes/burger-steaks-with-mushroom-gravy-weeknight