I have been kind of obsessed with Indian food lately. I love the traditional dishes like Chicken Tikka Masala, but I also love spicing up traditional foods to make them have more Indian flavor. Take these Curried Pretzels and Indian Spiced Nuts for example. Simple, easy snacks that both got an Indian makeover. Amazingly enough, my super picky 7-year-old loves Indian flavors as well. Those nuts, are one of his favorite snacks; so I decided it was time to spice up some meatballs.
I love a really good tender meatball. It can have barbeque sauce, marinara, or the famous glazed (with jelly) meatball. I am not too picky, I just love a good meatball. The opening weekend of football season my husband requested we have snacks and appetizers to watch the games with. I made a couple of his favorite dips, but I needed something that was actually going to fill us up. And something that my 7-year-old would eat. Guacamole just isn’t his thing. Enter meatballs.
I also made a spiced yogurt sauce to dip them in, and it was perfect together. The meatballs were very tender, and super moist. They were also full of so much flavor from the curry and garam masala. I am having visions of making a curry sauce and serving these over rice next time…yum! These would work great sitting in the crock pot for a party. They are flavorful twist on the traditional.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, or plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until everything is well combined. Form into balls about the size of a golf ball. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine all of the ingredients for the yogurt dipping sauce. Mix until everything is well blended.
- Serve meatballs with the yogurt sauce on the side for dipping.
Now time for the GIVEAWAY!!!
Today I also have a fun Gift for you! Catching FireFlies wants to give one lucky ready a $43 gift certificate! A quirky amount to match their quirky and fun site!
1. Leave a comment with one thing you would want from Catching Fireflies
2. Like Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts on Facebook
3. Like Catching Fireflies on Facebook
4. Follow Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts on Pinterest
5. Follow Catching Fireflies on Pinterest
6. Follow Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts on Twitter
7. Subscribe to Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts via email
You have 7 chances to win. This is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only. The giveaway will close Wednesday, October 3rd. I will announce the winners on Thursday the 4th. The winner will be drawn using random.org. Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can contact you if you win.