It is hard for me to pick a favorite candy bar. I love peanut butter cups, but for some reason if given the choice at the check out, I would never pick it. Not sure why. 9 times of out 10 I would pick a Milky Way. The other time would be a Peppermint Patty or maybe a 3 Musketeers. This happens probably 2 times a year, so it is always a great debate for me What about you?
I usually only make Puppy Chow around Christmas time. My family eats it like crazy, so I am not sure why I only make it one time a year. I have been seeing all sorts of different flavors of puppy chow recently, so I decided to give it a try. Obviously, I used my favorite candy bar; Milky Way. But, I couldn’t just stop there. I had to amp it up a little, similar to my traditional Puppy Chow recipe.
The clumps are my favorite part. And in a normal recipe I don’t find nearly enough clumps for my liking. So I added caramel bits and more chocolate….can you ever go wrong with extra caramel and chocolate? Yeah, I didn’t think so! The really nice thing about Milky Way Puppy Chow is how quickly it comes together. Melt, pour, shake, cool – you are done in 15 minutes, and you didn’t have to turn on the oven. Win, win on a hot summer day.
- 8 cups chex cereal
- 1 bag fun-sized Milky Way, unwrapped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup caramel baking bits
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Measure chex cereal and spread on a large baking sheet.
- In a saucepan heat Milky Way, butter, caramel bits, and chocolate chips over medium low temperature. Heat until melted, and smooth.
- Pour over the chex cereal, mix until well coated.
- In batches, toss chex mixture and powdered sugar together in a resealable plastic bag. Spread evenly on a clean baking sheet to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.