**This was originally posted in 2011. I have updated the pictures and am sharing again. Enjoy!**
So strawberry week continues. This week I do have a few other recipes to share with you as well. But don’t worry, I will keep bringing the strawberry recipes! I have to don’t I, the Milkshakes, Muffins, and Popsicles I posted so far have gotten me on the Top 9 on Foodbuzz. I am thinking I should really have a strawberry summer!
We are getting ready to go on our summer vacation. We leave Friday afternoon to go to the mountains of Colorado! We love hiking, and try to go out to Colorado once a year. Very excited that this year we are trying out a new location. Hopefully we will not be disappointed. Don’t worry though, I have a few guest posts lined up for while I am gone – so you won’t miss me too much! Stay tuned for them, I have had a peak at them, and they are good!
I have been seeing strawberry, blueberry, raspberry crumb bars all over the place. They sounded so good, I had to use some of my strawberries to make my own. I combined a couple recipes to come up with this one. I used Brown Eyed Bakers, Raspberry Steusel Bars, and Simply Scratches, Strawberry Streusel Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle. I did not end up putting a glaze on top, I debated for a long time. I was just going to make a simple glaze with powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. But I decided against. it. They were just so good without it.
My friends over at OXO sent me this Strawberry Huller, and it made quick work of the strawberries. I love this thing, you only get the green tops, no strawberry is wasted in the process!
- 2⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Butter - cut into ½ inch pieces
- + 2 Tbls butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Quick Cooking Oats
- ¾ cup strawberry jelly
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 in pan with non stick spray.
- In electric mixer stir together flour, sugar and salt. With the mixer on a low speed add the 1 cup of butter, 1 piece at a time. Continue mixing until combined - about 1 to 1½ minutes. Take 1¼ cups of this mixture and set aside. With the remaining, press this firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake at 375 for 14 minutes. The edges will be slightly browned.
- While that is baking. Add brown sugar, and oats to the reserved flour mixture. Work in the remaining 2 Tbls of butter, using your fingers. Work until it is in small clumps.
- Combine the jelly, strawberries and the lemon juice in a small bowl. Mash with a fork to combine. Be sure to leave some chunks of berries in there.
- Spread filling evenly over the hot crust. Sprinkle with the streusel topping over the strawberries. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. The crust will be brown, and the filling will be bubbly. Enjoy!
**This recipe is part of the Yahoo Shine Supper Club