Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake Recipe – take ice cream cake to a whole new level using Swiss Cake Rolls. No bake, super easy, and sure to amaze!
Today is the last day of the school year for my 10 year old! I can not believe that I am going to have a 5th grader. I know everyone says this, but seriously, where did the time go? We are going to be entering our last year of elementary school. I swear my little guy should still be in pre-school! To celebrate we are meeting a ton of kids from school at the park for a picnic lunch, and cake. Then they can run and go crazy. Now let’s just hope the rain stays away.
I first saw this idea for a Swiss Roll Cake at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Kristan is seriously the queen of unique and over the top desserts. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to put my own twist on it and try it out. So I made this ice cream cake recipe for my son’s 10th birthday party earlier this month.
I have actually made it twice now, it is just that good. The best part, is there is no baking, cooking, or heating of any kind. Definitely something you can have the kids do most of the work on. With summer coming, you are going to want an easy dessert recipe up your sleeve, and this swiss roll cake is it!
To make the cake all you have to do is slice Swiss Cake Rolls into small pieces. You then line a spring form pan (you can use a cake pan if you do not have one) with the slices. Then I filled it with cookies n’ cream ice cream! You can totally mix it up and use whatever flavor is your favorite. Cover with the rest of the Swiss Cake Rolls and then pop it in the freezer to firm up.
This cake can be a little messy to assemble. I like to use a serrated knife to cut the swiss cake rolls. You still get bits of chocolate all over the cutting board, but just add those to the layer of your ice cream cake.
Definitely a show stopper. I pulled this out at my son’s party and the boys went crazy. All of the tables around us at the party place were coming to see what was going on, and what kind of cake I was cutting. Trust me, try out this swiss roll ice cream cake recipe this summer and you will be the hit of the party!
- 2 boxes (6 double packages per box) Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls
- 1 quart cookies n' cream ice cream , softened
- Line a 9 in spring form pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Unwrap the swiss cake rolls, and slice each cake into 6 slices.
- Line the bottom and the sides of the pan with the cake slices. Make sure they are tightly packed.
- Spread the ice cream evenly over the slices of cake.
- Place the remaining slices over the top of the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6 hours, or until the ice cream is completely firm.
Want more No Bake Recipes for summer?