Basil Coconut Chicken Curry – chicken curry made with coconut and lots of fresh basil. Ready in minutes, super easy, and great for any night of the week.
I love pretty much any kind of curry out there. This Quick Chicken Curry Recipe is one of my favorites, because it comes together so quickly. I could Indian or Thai curry pretty much every week and be happy.
This chicken curry made with coconut milk is similar to Coconut Chicken Curry, only this is full of basil. The basil gives it a little bit more of a Thai twist. I think it is kind of a hybrid of Indian and Thai, and that is just fine with me.
One thing that is common in Thai food is peanut butter. Thai Shrimp Pasta has a creamy delicious peanut sauce. But another thing they use a lot of is basil. Basil Chicken is something you can order at a lot of Thai restaurants.
And when you try a curry at a Thai place, they almost always have coconut milk. There is just something comforting about thick and creamy coconut milk with all the spices. Makes me want to have a giant pile of rice or Naan bread to soak up all that sauce.
This chicken curry comes together in about 20 minutes. Super easy to make, even on your busiest night. I like to use lite coconut milk to save on some calories and fat. And I have to say this was thick and creamy without a can of full fat milk. Plus it is pretty darn good for you!
I have served this coconut curry chicken with white rice and even cauliflower rice to cut down on calories and carbs. So if you are trying to eat better, but still want comfort food this chicken curry recipe is perfect for you! Plus it uses ingredients you probably already have on hand, so you don’t have to make a special trip to an Asian market or anything!
Trust me, if you are fan of curry in any way shape or form, you need to try this! I am pretty sure I could just drink the basil coconut curry sauce and be happy!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbls curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, mined
- 14 oz can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbls cornstarch
- 3 Tbls fresh basil, chopped
- In a bowl mix together diced chicken with curry powder, cumin, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil until hot. Add chicken, onion, and jalapeno. Cook for 5-7 minutes until onions are soft and chicken is lightly browned.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- In a separate bowl mix together coconut milk, chicken broth and cornstarch until smooth. Pour into chicken mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in fresh basil right before serving.
- Serve over hot rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 428Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 97mgSodium 367mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 38g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.