I must admit I am not really a fan of eggrolls. At least the traditional Chinese version. I like the idea of them, I just can’t find one that I like. We have a friend who makes traditional Vietnamese eggrolls, and those I like. Apparently I like lots of meat 🙂 Those are mainly ground pork, with some bean threads and a few other things. I could eat those every day, they are so good.
These eggrolls are obviously not your traditional eggrolls, which is probably why I like them. I found these on Pinterest, and knew I had to try them. They have chicken, bacon, and avocado – one of my favorite combinations of food! Plus an avocado dipping sauce. What is not to like with these? Per the notes on the original recipe, I did add cheese to the filling. It really did make everything stick together, and worked perfectly with the filling.
I was very happy with how these turned out. They were a great dinner that was on the healthy side. The eggrolls are baked instead of fried. These would make for a great appetizer or snack at a party. And if you wanted to go all out, these would be amazing deep fried! The dipping sauce is super easy to put together, and worked great with the egg rolls. I am not a fan of ranch dressing, but here the seasonings were perfect. Even my super picky 7 year old ate some of these.
- 6 or 7 eggroll wrappers
- 2 cups grilled chicken, , finely chopped
- 1 California Avocado, , diced
- 6 strips of bacon, , cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, , shredded
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbls Ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbls mayo, (I used light)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush baking sheet with olive oil, or use a sil pat liner.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, diced avocado, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined. Lay 1 eggroll wrapper on the counter. Fill with about 1/3 cup of filling, leaving about 1/2 in border around the edges. Wet the edges of the wrapper. Fold the sides over. Then starting with edge closest to you, fold over, making sure the filling stays inside. Use a little additional water to seal if needed. (You are folding like a burrito) Repeat with the rest of the filling.
- Place the eggrolls seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. You can use the broiler for the last minute if you want them more golden. Slice in half on an angel to serve.
- While the eggrolls are baking you can make the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, using a fork, mash the avocado. Mix with the ranch seasoning and the mayo until smooth. Add the lime juiced and stir (helps prevent it from browning).
- Serve sliced eggrolls with dipping sauce.
Adapted from Just Putzing Around the Kitchen
Amount Per Serving Calories 487Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 115mgSodium 1083mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 5gSugar 1gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.