Christmas Margarita – the perfect margarita gets a twist for the holidays with white cranberry juice! A fun and festive way to celebrate.
When it comes to the holidays I am all about a fun cocktail. You need something festive that fits the occasion. You normally think of festive as red or green for the holidays, but why not white? This Winter White Cosmo is another example of how a white cocktail mimics the blanket of snow outside and is a fun twist!
So what makes this a white Christmas margarita? White cranberry juice! If you have regular cranberry juice you can certainly use it, it will be delicious, just not the same color.
What’s In a Christmas Margarita
You have most of the same players you are used to in a Classic Margarita.
- Tequila (White or Silver)
- Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- Lime Juice
- White Cranberry Juice
- Simple Syrup
You will want to make sure to use silver or white tequila for this or the color can change and be darker. I like silver tequila for margaritas anyway, I think it has a smoother and cleaner taste.
How To Make a Christmas Margarita
- Margaritas are best served cold, so make sure you have plenty of ice on hand. You can even stash a few glasses in the freezer, a chilled glass can make all the difference.
- In a pitcher mix all of the ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and garnish with fresh cranberries if desired.
I like to start small with the simple syrup and then taste to see if more is needed. The white cranberry juice is sweet, so if you like your margaritas on the tart side, you may leave this out entirely.
How To Salt/Sugar The Rim Of the Glass
For a sweet margarita, like this one, I like to add sugar instead of salt to the rim. The method is exactly the same whichever one you use.
- Start by cutting a slice of fresh lime.
- Use that slice to run along the mouth of the glass.
- Put salt/sugar in a dish that is slightly bigger than the opening of the glass.
- Dip the moistened edge of the glass in the salt/sugar, and it will stick. Then make sure to use a pitcher to pour in the ice and margarita, so it stays.
Can You Make A Frozen Margarita
You definitely can! There are a few ways to go about it.
- The easiest way is to add about 6 ice cubes per glass that you are making and mix everything together in a blender.
- The other option is to freeze the juices and then mix everything together in a blender to serve.
Either way you will get a slushie, sweet, and delicious margarita!
So whether you are home decorating the tree with your family, hosting a holiday get together, or just curling up to watch Christmas movies this cranberry margarita is a refreshing and delicious drink.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
- Cranberry Mojito
- Christmas Sangria
- Holiday Wine Spritzer
- Bailey’s White Russian
- Holiday Moscow Mule
- Christmas Punch
- Cranberry Vodka Spritzer
- 1 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 1/2 cups white cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (optional to taste)
- Fresh Cranberries for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve in glasses over ice.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries if desired.
To add salt or sugar to the rim of the glass rub a lime wedge around the glass and dip in sugar or salt.
Amount Per ServingCalories 175Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!