Fresh Salsa Recipe – the best fresh tomato salsa with just a handful of ingredients. So easy to make it will be on repeat with all those tomatoes from the garden!
We all know that I love Mexican Food. It has been a favorite of mine for years and I could eat it every day! Nothing beats chip and good salsa!
Using fresh tomatoes from the garden will give you the most delicious and tasty salsa you have ever had! And this fresh salsa recipe could not be easier to make!
The key to this fresh tomato salsa is the tomatoes. You want to use fresh picked tomatoes from the garden or your farmer’s market. The ones from the grocery store will more than likely leave you disappointed.
We have been making this recipe for over 20 years in our house. My husband and I first found it in college and every year that we have a garden, it has been our go to with all of the tomatoes we have!
Fresh Salsa Ingredients
- Tomatoes – Use bright red Roma tomatoes for the best results
- Cilantro – Such an important flavor in fresh salsa. If you really can’t stand it, use parsley instead.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic in a must, skip the bottled stuff for this recipe.
- Onion – white or yellow onion is best
- Jalapeno – If you don’t like it too spicy remove the seeds and ribs before chopping.
- Garlic Salt – it is the perfect amount of flavor and salt for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice – you can use lime as well
How To Make Fresh Salsa
- I like to chop the onions and jalapeno pretty well before I add them to the food processor, so they get in mixed really well.
- Add all of the ingredients, minus the tomatoes, to the food processor and process them until they are nice and small.
- Add in the fresh tomatoes and just pulse a few times get get everything mixed together. You won’t want to go too long or you it will be very thin and watery.
I have a few recipes on the blog for salsa that uses canned tomatoes, like this Chili’s Salsa. Don’t get me wrong, those are delicious and great all year round. But if you can get your hands on super ripe tomatoes, this homemade salsa with go to the top of your list!
More Delicious Mexican Recipes
- Fish Tacos
- White Queso Dip
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Southwest Baked Chicken
- Chicken Tostadas
- Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 2 or 3 whole Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- Add all of the ingredients, minus the tomatoes to a food process. Pulse until everything is nice and fine.
- Add in the tomatoes and pulse a couple of times to blend, but leave it slightly chunky.
- It is best if it sits for a couple hours before serving.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 20Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 403mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!