After quite a few busy weekends in a row, it was really nice to have a weekend with no plans. Especially because the next season of sports is going to be start in a couple weeks, and that means our weekends will be full of football followed by baseball. So relaxing, a trip to Costco, and just being outside was a nice way to spend a weekend. But that means, we are back to Monday. The only way I can see to make Monday better is to have a sweet treat.
So it seems that St. Patrick’s Day either involves booze or mint. These Mudslide Brownies have the boozey dessert angle covered. So how about a quick and easy snack that has the mint angle covered? Seriously, these are so easy. You are about 10 minutes away from snacking. I had a problem staying out of this muddy buddy mix, they were just down right addicting. I packaged them up right away to send in to work with my husband. But I kept having to stop myself from going into the mud room to sneak a handful.
If you have Thin Mints that you haven’t eaten yet, use them here. If you don’t have any, pick up the Grasshopper Cookies by Keebler, they are essentially the same thing. Use 1 row of them to mix with the powdered sugar to coat the cereal, the other row you just mix in and get to eat those pieces 🙂 I found the dark chocolate mint M&M’s to add some color, but if you can’t find them just leave them out.
- 6 cups Chex cereal (corn or rice Chex)
- 12 oz chocolate , melted
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 box Thin Mints or Keebler Grasshopper Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Dark Chocolate Mint M&M's , optional
- Crush 1 row of cookies into crumbs. Combine powdered sugar and cookie crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Measure cereal into a large bowl. Mix melted chocolate with mint extract until combined. Pour over cereal, and mix until well coated.
- Pour into the resealable bag, and shake until everything is coated. Pour onto a baking sheet to harden.
- Cut the other row of cookies into quarters. Add cookie pieces and M&M's to the baking sheet. Toss to combine.
- Store in an air tight container.