Honey Butter Dinner Rolls – A light and fluffy homemade dinner rolls recipe that goes with just about anything!
One of the best parts of dinner is the bread! It can be Cheesy Garlic Bread with pasta or it can be dinner rolls with a fancy holiday dinner. But bread and carbs are pretty much my favorite. I mean, these Easy Biscuits are pretty much on repeat at all times.
For the holidays I like to make a Prime Rib and then serve with dinner rolls on the side, along with all the other traditional sides. But these homemade dinner rolls are great for more than just holidays! Pork chops on the weekend? Making your favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup? These are perfect!
These homemade dinner rolls are ready in about an hour, which is great for any day of the week. They do use yeast, but trust me they are easy and fool proof! The nice thing about making dinner rolls vs homemade bread is the rise time is less. You shape them in to small balls of dough, and those rise much more quickly than a loaf of bread does.
The touch of honey gives these dinner rolls and light and slightly sweet flavor. They are super slight and fluffy and great for just about any meal. These Potato Rolls are another great option that will surely impress!
How do you Make Dinner Rolls
There is no mixer required to make these rolls, you just whisk together in a bowl.
- Once everything comes together, knead the dough for 4-6 minutes until it is nice and smooth. If you have to add more flour because the dough is sticky, that is ok
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. This allows the yeast to work and the rolls to rise and get nice and tender.
- Shape the dough into 12 small balls of dough. You can make larger rolls if you want too!
- Let the rolls rest again and double in size. They will be nice and fluffy.
- Bake until golden brown and delicious. Brush with melted butter to serve for extra deliciousness.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbls sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active yeast, (1 package)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm water, (120-130 degrees)
- 3 Tbls unsalted butter, , melted and cooled, divded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Add water and 2 Tbls butter. Beat for about 3 minutes, until smooth. Using a spatula stir in cheese and enough of the remaining flour (1/2-1 cup) to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 4-6 minutes, until smooth. Add additional flour if the dough is sticky. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Spray a pie plate or other round pan with non stick spray. After the dough has rested, divide into 12 equal portions. Roll into balls, and place in the pan. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once the rolls have risen, bake for 11-14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl combine 1 Tbls butter, honey, garlic powder and onion powder. Heat for a few seconds, so it is thin. Remove rolls from the oven, and brush with the butter honey mixture. Let rolls cool until the glaze sets. Then serve.
Recipe from Chocolate Moosey
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 130 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 8mg Sodium 51mg Carbohydrates 22g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Protein 3g