It is hard for me to pick a favorite candy bar. I love peanut butter cups, but for some reason if given the choice at the check out, I would never pick it. Not sure why. 9 times of out 10 I would pick a Milky Way. The other time would be a Peppermint Patty or maybe a 3 Musketeers. This happens probably 2 times a year, so it is always a great debate for me 🙂 What about you?
I usually only make Puppy Chow around Christmas time. My family eats it like crazy, so I am not sure why I only make it one time a year. I have been seeing all sorts of different flavors of puppy chow recently, so I decided to give it a try. Obviously, I used my favorite candy bar; Milky Way. But, I couldn’t just stop there. I had to amp it up a little, similar to my traditional Puppy Chow recipe.
The clumps are my favorite part. And in a normal recipe I don’t find nearly enough clumps for my liking. So I added caramel bits and more chocolate….can you ever go wrong with extra caramel and chocolate? Yeah, I didn’t think so! The really nice thing about Milky Way Puppy Chow is how quickly it comes together. Melt, pour, shake, cool – you are done in 15 minutes, and you didn’t have to turn on the oven. Win, win on a hot summer day.
- 8 cups chex cereal
- 1 bag fun-sized Milky Way, , unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Measure chex cereal and spread on a large baking sheet.
- In a saucepan heat Milky Way, butter, caramel bits, and chocolate chips over medium low temperature. Heat until melted, and smooth.
- Pour over the chex cereal, mix until well coated.
- In batches, toss chex mixture and powdered sugar together in a resealable plastic bag. Spread evenly on a clean baking sheet to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per ServingCalories 323 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 324mg Carbohydrates 51g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 31g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g