Pasta Carbonara with Corn and Chiles – Creamy carbonara pasta with bacon, fresh corn, and jalapenos. A little spicy, smokey, and oh so delicious!
Creamy pastas are kind the way to my heart. They are just so comforting and delicious, I want to eat them all the time! Our favorite is the roasted garlic sauce that is served on these Chicken & Artichoke Ravioli. We eat that sauce on just about anything.
A few years ago for Mother’s Day we made homemade pasta, and turning it into carbonara was exactly what we did. With summer here, you kind of want to take advantage of some of the fresh produce though. Especially sweet corn. It is our favorite to have all summer! On the cob, in dishes like this pasta carbonara with corn and chiles, and just about any other way I can think of.
My family likes things spicy, so when I saw this recipe years ago, I knew I had to make it. You can definitely adjust the heat level or remove it entirely if you want. What you don’t want to skip is the bacon! Bacon makes just about everything better.
Pasta carbonara is pretty easy to make. You just cook the pasta, cook the bacon and then egg yolks bring it all together. For this dish you slowly mix in some of the hot pasta water with the egg yolks, so they don’t scramble when you mix everything together. The hot pasta, the egg yolks, and the cheese mix together to come a creamy and luscious sauce.
You can serve this pasta carbonara with corn and chiles with cheesy garlic bread for one delicious meal. Or if you are trying to go lighter for summer a salad would be great. This lighter Caesar Salad is great to serve with just about any meal.
I love corn on the cob in the summer, but this is such a great and easy way to get it as part of your meal as well!
Looking for other Pasta Recipes to make this summer?
Caesar Pasta Salad
Balsamic Pasta with Sausage and Veggies
Chicken Bryan Pasta Skillet by A Dash of Sanity
Barbecue Chicken Layered Pasta Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1/3 pound bacon
- 4 ears corn kernels (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, over Med-High heat brown the bacon. Add the corn and lightly brown the edges. After about 5 minutes add the jalapeno, garlic, and thyme. Stir for 2 minutes. Add the parsley and wine. Simmer on low heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs. Slowly add in the reserved cooking liquid to temper them. Add the pasta and egg yolks to the corn mixture and toss. Remove from heat, add the cheese and toss vigorously to form a silky sauce, 1 to 2 minutes
- Top with extra cheese and chives if desired.
Recipe adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray
Amount Per ServingCalories 793 Saturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 267mg Sodium 485mg Carbohydrates 101g Fiber 6g Sugar 6g Protein 30g