Today is the conclusion of Pie Week. I hope you enjoyed all of the pies that were shared over the week. Brandy and Audra did a great job putting everything together. Today there is an amazing giveaway thanks to Kitchen Aid. Don’t miss the other giveaways either; OXO and Le Creuset, Cabot and King Arthur Flour. So many great things you can win, I have to say I am just slightly jealous!
Tis’ the season for all things peppermint. Once November hits, I am ready for peppermint in all forms. I have already made 1 kind of peppermint cookie to share, and have another one I am working on. So hopefully you enjoy peppermint as much as I do! On my husbands side of the family we always have Grasshopper pie for the holidays. That is still one of my favorites, but the white chocolate mousse in this pie, really gives it a run for its money.
I made this white chocolate peppermint mousse pie to take to cooking club this month. To say it was a hit, is kind of an understatement. Everyone raved about this pie. I brought the few leftovers home, and my 8 year old went crazy for it. It has a peppermint white chocolate mousse in an Oreo cookie crust, topped with fresh whipped cream, and garnished candy canes. Definitely a pretty enough pie to celebrate with. I used Oreo’s for the crust, but if you have other chocolate cookies they would be perfect too.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate, , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 24 Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter, , melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Crushed candy canes
- To prepare the crust, using a blender or food processor crush Oreo's. Mix with melted butter, and press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- To prepare the mousse heat 3/4 cup heavy cream in saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in peppermint extract. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 3/4 cup heavy cream until firm peaks form. Fold cooled chocolate mixture gently into whipped cream mixture. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Spread cream over peppermint mousse.
- Set in fridge for a few hours to set up.
- Garnish with candy canes right before serving.
Add candy canes right before serving, otherwise the color bleeds into the whipped cream.br]Mousse recipe from [Coastal Living
Serving Size10 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 616 Total Fat 47g Saturated Fat 28g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 100mg Sodium 195mg Carbohydrates 47g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 38g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g
Check out what the other Pie Week Ladies have created!
Toasted Coconut Caramel Cream Pie – The Baker Chick
Chocolate Drizzled Pecan Pie Bites– Nutmeg Nanny
S’mores Hand Pies– Chocolate and Carrots
Pumpkin Coconut Pie– Dessert for Two
Chocolate Pudding Pie– Eats Well with Others
Cranberry Apple Pie– Keep it Sweet Desserts
Caramel Chess Tart- Bake or Break
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Almond Bark- Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
White Chocolate Peppermint Cream Pie– Dinners Dishes and Desserts
Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche– Country Cleaver
Apple Pie Ice Cream– Carla’s Confections
Triple Fruit Slab Pie– Foodie with Family