Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is the perfect gift or treat this holiday season. A quick bread with tons of cinnamon flavor, chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze.
Today I am sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread over at Your Homebased Mom. All November long Leigh Ann has been a co-host of Bake Craft Sew. Your Homebased Mom is the site for all kinds of edible gifts, Mique from Thirty Handmade Days, is about all things crafting, and Cindy of Skip to My Lou is doing a whole month of sewing ideas. I am only good at the edible gifts, so I am excited to check out some of the craft and sewing ideas. I am not a very good crafter, but sometimes I am inspired to try! And the holidays is as good of time as any.
I am excited that I can be a part of this event. My Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is a great gift this time of year. I love making homemade treats for teachers, friends and neighbors. This bread is great, you can make mini loaves or a full sized loaf to give to friends. It would also make a great hostess gift if you are going to a party!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread is amazing warm. All the melty chocolate chips in there! The chocolate glaze is kind of optional, but when in my life is chocolate glaze optional? I love to make up a couple of these loafs, and wrap one to put in the freezer. It is perfect to bring out when guests arrive, or have with coffee or tea. Plus all that cinnamon flavor just screams for colder weather!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Bread – a cinnamon flavored quick bread with chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate glaze. The perfect snack, breakfast, or holiday gift
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, brown sugar, egg, canola oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, and mix together until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing in a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze melt together the butter and the chocolate chips. Mix in powdered sugar and enough milk to get it to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle chocolate glaze over the cooled bread.