Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are super soft, fluffy, and full of chocolate and peanut butter! Made with Reese’s spread so the whole cookie is full of flavor.
Are you ready for the weekend? Stupid question. Sorry. My son has his last basketball game of the season tomorrow morning. We also have a friend flying in from Iowa for the weekend. We haven’t seen him in over a year, so it should be fun to catch up and just hang out for the weekend. The guys are going to go to a hockey game on Saturday night, so I have to come up with something fun to do with my son. The game is in Denver at 8pm, so that is a little late for a 9 year old. Maybe a fun dinner and a movie, we will see. What do you do with your kids for special nights?
Last weekend I had my first cookie exchange of the season. A friend hosts each year. About 30 people attend, and everyone brings 6 packages of 1/2 dozen cookies. We take turns going through the line. Each time through, you pick one package. You go home with the same amount of cookies you came with, and you get to pick your 6 favorites. Lots of fun, and always so many good cookies to pick from. This year, I made these chocolate peanut butter cup cookies.
My 9 year old says these chocolate peanut butter cup cookies are one of the best cookies I have ever made. I loved how fluffy these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies were, so I used them as a base, and then doctored them up a little. I used the new Reese’s spreads to help flavor these cookies. In addition to chocolate chips, I mixed in mini M&M’s, and then topped them with mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
As a special holiday gift to our readers, I’m teaming up with WÜSTHOF and a group of fabulous bloggers to offer this exciting prize to one lucky reader! A WÜSTHOF CLASSIC 7-Piece Block Set! Worth $300. It is the #1 selling block set during the holiday season. Use the form below the recipe to enter!
- It is Wusthof’s 200th anniversary this year, and that the company continues to craft all of their cutlery in Solingen, Germany, where the company was established in 1814. The family-owned and family managed company is led by 7th generation Wüsthofs who maintain a laser focus on providing chefs and avid cooks the best quality knives available in the world.”
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are super soft, fluffy, and full of chocolate and peanut butter! Made with Reese's spread so the whole cookie is full of flavor.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Reese's chocolate spread
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 21/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M's
- 1 (8 oz) bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, Reese's spread, and peanut butter. Once well combined add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips and M&M's. Scoop round balls onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the mini peanut butter cups.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Immediately top each cookie with 4 or 5 pieces of chopped peanut butter cups.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
a Rafflecopter giveaway