The other day I realized my stash of cookies in the freezer was gone! I needed to make something to put in my son’s lunch. He loves peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do, so I found this recipe to try.
These are incredible. Seriously, probably the best cookies I have made in a long time. As usual, I under baked them slightly, and they are so gooey, and soft, and chewy, and yummy! The base would make a great peanut butter cookie. The chocolate chips and the peanut butter cups are just an added bonus!
They even freeze well! I took one out the other day for a “snack” and it was still soft and delicious. You can’t always say that about frozen cookies. The original recipe said it made 18 large cookies. It made probably 4 dozen regular sized cookies for me. It makes a ton! But really? I want to see those 18 cookies, they must be the size of my head! MMMmmmmm….peanut butter cookies the size of my head! Why did I make them small again? Oh yeah, my son’s lunch box isn’t that big.
- 3/4 cup butter, , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, , each cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Once well combined add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop round balls onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the cookie. You still want them thick, just making a base for the peanut butter cups later. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. During this time press 4 peanut butter cup pieces into each cookie. Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Serving Size36 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 22mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.