Chocolate Saltine Toffee – An easy toffee using saltine toffee and chocolate, sometimes referred to as Christmas Crack. The perfect addition to your Christmas baking.
Do you need a last minute holiday treat? Or something for a cookie exchange, teacher gift, something for the mail man? Well, this chocolate saltine toffee is exactly what you need. It is easy, pretty, and everyone loves it! And you can pretty much make it any time of year and just change up the sprinkles. Why should Christmas get all the fun?
I have been wanting to make this saltine toffee for years. I am not sure why I never did it. Last year at a cookie exchange someone made it, and it disappeared very quickly. I knew it was something I had to make this year. I am kind of obsessed with making candy this year; Gingerbread Truffles, White Chocolate Coconut Truffles, and Sugar Cookie Fudge to start with. So this toffee fit right in!
I have actually made it twice already, and I am sure I will make it again before Christmas gets here! My 9 year old only got to try one piece the first time, so he was begging me to make it again. When we were home for Thanksgiving, I decided to make it for our family. One night when we had my aunts and uncles over, I brought this out to serve. It was pretty much gone by the time everyone left. The chocolate, sweet crunchy toffee, and the crispy crackers make for simple, but delicious holiday treat.
Chocolate Saltine Toffee - An easy toffee using saltine toffee and chocolate, sometimes referred to as Christmas Crack. The perfect addition to your Christmas baking.
25 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or M&M's
- Line an 11x17 baking sheet with the saltine crackers. Place in a single layer. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 3 minutes, not stirring.
- Pour mixture over the crackers. Quickly spread, so it covers all of the crackers.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over toffee. Place back in the oven (oven heat turned off), for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using an off set spatula spread the melted chocolate evenly over the toffee. Sprinkle immediately with sprinkles or M&M's.
- Let harden completely before slicing.
- Store in an air tight container.
Recipe from I Heart Nap Time
Other easy Christmas Treats
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
Chocolate Shortbread Wedges with Pistachios by Cravings of a Lunatic
Turtle Hot Chocolate by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Raspberry Rum Tart by Cookistry
Chocolate Saltine Toffee (aka Christmas Crack) by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pecan Brownie Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
Peppermint Brownie Cookies by Mind Over Batter
Bourbon Brownies by Cooking In Stilettos