So yesterday was #SundaySupper, and today we are focusing on quick and easy #WeekdaySupper. The mission of #SundaySupper is to get families back to sitting down and eating together. It isn’t just about the food either, it is about the time, the sharing, the bonding, and everything else that goes along with actually sitting down and talking to your family. Once you start with one meal a week, it can grow to more nights. Each weekday someone is haring a quick and easy #WeekdaySupper. Today is my turn!
Shrimp is one of my go to proteins when I want to make something quick, and healthy. Shrimp has very few calories, and cooks very quickly. Plus it is very versatile. You can put it with pasta, you can bake it, you can saute it when endless combinations of flavors. My 7 year old loves shrimp, and will eat it in pretty much any form I give him, as long as it isn’t too spicy. Usually he will even eat more than I do, he loves it so much.
This shrimp is a healthy, crispy shrimp that comes together in about 25 minutes. In the meantime you can roast a vegetable, or make a salad. You can have a complete, and healthy dinner on the table on a busy weeknight in less than 30 minutes.
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , grated
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 12 oz shrimp , peeled and deveined
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a baking dish with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine everything but the shrimp. Mix well
- Spread shrimp in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the shrimp or pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately