This post brought to you by Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
We are all busy, right? Weeknights can be crazy with work, school, sports, practice, and everything else that is going on. Sometimes we need dinner to come together in 15 minutes, and just don’t really want to think about it. That is where a few go to ideas come into play. Having a few things in your pantry, and you are set for a busy week.
I think most of us grew up with Sloppy Joes. Even to this day, if we have something going on, or people will be here helping with something; I make Sloppy Joes. They are always a hit, plus they are quick and easy. But for some reason during the week, I always forget about them. That is where Manwich Recipes comes in. Three flavors; Original, Bold, and Thick and Chunky. In just about the time it takes to brown ground beef, dinner is ready. Top them with potato chips as my family likes to do. Or you can take things up a notch and use the Manwich to make a Sloppy Joe Cornbread Bake!
Each can of Manwich has a different recipe idea on it. I decided to try the cornbread bake. It really was quick, easy, and everyone loved it. Your brown the ground beef like you normally would. Add in Manwich, pour into a baking dish. Then you mix up a box of cornbread muffins, and pour over your Sloppy Joe mixture. It bakes up with a thick layer of cornbread over the sloppy joe, and the flavors work great together. You could even take the opportunity to stir in some peppers, cheese, or corn kernels into your cornbread mix, to really mix things up! These Manwich TV Ads are pretty accurate for what your kids will think of dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can of Manwich (any flavor)
- 1 (8.5 oz) box of cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, breaking apart over medium high heat, until cooked through. Drain away any fat.
- Pour in the can of Manwich, stir to combine.
- Spread the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- While the ground beef is cooking prepare the cornbread mix. In a bowl combine cornbread mix, egg, and milk. Stir to combine (a few lumps are OK.)
- Pour over meat mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the cornbread is set.
Slightly adapted from Manwich
Serving Size5 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 262 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 119mg Sodium 250mg Carbohydrates 6g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 28g
Now time for a GIVEAWAY!! Enter to win a “Manwich Weekend Meal Prize Pack” which includes:1 sample of each of the three Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce varieties, 4 mess-friendly Manwich bibs (1 for each member of the family), Manwich wooden spoon, Calphalon saucepan, Mess-free wipes, $30 gift card for groceries. This giveaway is only open to U.S Residents.