Taco Sloppy Joes – homemade sloppy Joes just got a Mexican makeover! Seasoned with taco seasoning, chilies and topped with cheese make them perfect for any night of the week!
Weeknights are busy, and I am always looking for easy dinner recipes. I want dinner that I can get on the table in about 20 minutes. And I want something that my whole family will eat without complaints. I have pretty high expectations. But that is a good thing, because then I can share my dinner ideas with you! Don’t miss some of my favorite Quick Dinner Ideas.
When I was growing up, we always had homemade sloppy Joes. I still make the same recipe my mom used to make today. But today my favorite sloppy Joes are getting a Mexican makeover. Because anything with a Mexican spin is a hit at my house.
Easy weeknight dinners are kind of my thing. They are about the only way that I can get through the week. Things like Crunchy Southwestern Chicken Wraps that you can make in 15 minutes, or even make ahead of time are necessary some weeks. Even on busy nights, I still want to have dinner as a family around the table. So these Taco Sloppy Joes are not only delicious, but ready in minutes.
What You Need To Make Taco Sloppy Joes
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the FULL PRINTABLE recipe card.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Rotel Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
This is such an easy sloppy Joe recipe too. You really just make taco meat, mix in a few other things and you are done! Then you just top it with your favorite taco toppings like cheese, jalapenos, maybe lettuce or sour cream. You name it!
Got lots of ground beef? This Taco Rice is a must for a quick and easy dinner.
How To Make Taco Sloppy Joes
- Start by browning the ground beef and onions together until the meat is cooked and the onions are soft. If you have any grease in the pan, drain it away.
- Then mix in the garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute, just until you can start to smell it.
- Stir in the corn and taco seasoning until everything is well coated.
- Pour in the tomatoes and tomato sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste and then serve.
My family tops normal sloppy Joes with potato chips, so for these taco sloppy Joes I served them with Fritos, so they could still have that crunch. They loved it!
This recipe only calls for corn kernels, but you could also add black beans if you wanted to bulk it up a little bit more.
What To Serve With Sloppy Joes
I love Pantry Recipes like this one. Here are more great Easy Dinner Recipes to try!
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Meatballs Subs
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Chicken Tostadas
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlics, minced
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 10 ounce can Ro-Tel
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 5 Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion, breaking up, for 5-7 minutes, or until the meat is cooked and the onions are soft. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Mix in garlic and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Mix in corn kernels and taco seasoning, stir until well combined.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve on hamburger buns, topped with cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving Calories 488Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 92mgSodium 1022mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 34g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook,and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can
share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and
tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you
never miss a post!