Eggnog Muffins – Eggnog adds tons of flavor to these tender muffins. Super quick and easy, and they freeze really well!
Eggnog Muffin pictures were update as of 12/10/14
I seem to be having trouble with my RSS feed updating in Google Reader since I switched to my new site. Some people see the updates, others do not. So make sure to update while you are here, you don’t want to miss anything Also don’t forget to enter the
American Express $100 giveaway!
If you follow me on Facebook you may recall that I have never tried Eggnog. The stuff scares me! I don’t like milk, I don’t like eggs, it is super thick….scary! But there are so many amazing sounding recipes that use eggnog, that I was forced to buy a carton of the stuff. I had to start small though, and go with something I like. Muffins. Saturday morning I broke out the eggnog and went to work! The muffins were great. You can taste the nutmeg for sure. As for much more eggnog flavor, I don’t know, I still haven’t tasted it. I tricked my 6 year old into trying it, and he was NOT a fan. He loved the muffins though! I believe his quote was “good thing the muffins are way better than THAT!”
This would be terrific for your Holiday Brunch, Christmas Eve breakfast, or just to snack on. The original recipe had a struesel on top, which I am sure would be wonderful. I was trying to cut a few calories (I know, shame!), so I just left it off. Note: My high altitude adjustments are in parenthesis.
- 2¼ cups flour (plus 2 Tbls)
- 1 cup sugar (minus 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp baking powder (minus ½ tsp)
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg (I used freshly grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog (plus ¼ cup)
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg. Set aside. In another bowl combine eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla. Combine wet and dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Scoop into prepared muffin pan, fill about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack for a few minutes, then remove from pan.