Perfectly tart and sweet Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes. Perfect for spring.
Are you ready for Easter? It is only a couple days a way! I hope you are doing better than I am with a plan. I did manage to pick up a few things for an Easter basket today, but that is about it. At least my 8 year old will be pleased! Our neighborhood has a small Easter Egg hunt on Sunday. My 8 year old is already working on his game plan, so he can get the most eggs. Which in turn means the most candy, since they are filled plastic eggs. Speaking of eggs. Do you decorate eggs at your house? We always have in the past, not sure my son is super into it this year, so we will have to see.
I am all about citrus this spring. I discovered how good Lemon Bars actually are! And these Lemony Greek Easter Cookies were such a buttery and light treat. So I thought why not make a rich cheesecake a little lighter with a key lime twist. Andy why not make them individual sized! So the Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes seemed perfect. My husbands favorite pie is a key lime pie, so I was sure that he would love these. I was a little surprised when even my son and his friends liked them too. You could easily make this into a full size 9 inch cheesecake, but I liked the idea of everyone getting their own.
This month for our cooking club the theme was “spring showers”. I thought these mini key lime cheesecakes were the perfect thing to bring. I love anything that is mini, and these are great for any kind of shower or party. They are the perfect balance of tart and sweet. If you are worried about the amount of key lime juice, you can start with 1/2 a cup. Taste and add more to get to your liking. Personally, if I am having key lime, I want it to taste like it, not just hint at it. Warning, like almost any cheesecake baked in a muffin tin. They will sink a little when you take them out of the oven. You can see by the pictures, that I topped the mini key lime cheesecakes with whipped cream to cover that.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbls butter , melted
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 3 (8 ounce each) packages cream cheese (I used light) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup key lime juice (1/2-2/3 cup depending on taste)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with liners. Makes a 24.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together. Put about 1 Tbls of crumbs into the bottom of the muffins tins. Press down. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar for a couple minutes until very smooth, scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add sour cream, key lime juice, and vanilla. Mix well. Add 1 egg at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition. Stir in flour.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until set.
- Cool completely. Top with whipped cream to serve.
Follow along on Pinterest, so you can always see tons of new recipes!