A couple weeks ago I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies over at The Farm Girl. I could not get in the kitchen to make these fast enough. I was trying to come up with all sorts of excuses why I needed to make them. The one I ended up going with? I had a meeting with my son’s teacher after school, and since she teaches first grade, she definitely deserved a brownie or two. Turned out my in laws came the next day as well, so it actually worked out well. Even my Father-in-law, who almost never eats dessert, loved these. He was trying to corner the market on the couple that were left. My husband, who isn’t a big fan of chocolate ate them as well! So I suggest you come up with whatever excuse you need, and go make them now! You will not be disappointed.
I admit, I did adapt the recipe slightly. I used my normal brownie recipe for the base. Because this was last minute (and I am trying to clean out my kitchen due to the pending move) I didn’t have any chocolate chips. Although I did find 3 Hershey Bars in my cupboard from a camp fire we had this summer. So I used those for the glaze. I also added a little peanut butter frosting drizzle on the top… just because. Well actually I had a tiny bit of frosting left over from something else, so I added a little peanut butter, thinned it out, and drizzled until my heart’s content. I like drizzles! And I liked these brownies. Go! Make! Them! Now!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies
Fudgy brownies with a layer of egg free peanut butter cookie dough topped with even more chocolate!
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips Or Any melted Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls milk
- 2 Tbls peanut butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare and 8x8 baking pan.
- To make the brownies blend the chocolate and the oil together. Mix in the eggs and sugar. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the filling cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla and milk. Stir in flour and salt until well combined. Spread over cooled brownies. It may be sticky. You can spray a spatula with non stick spray, or slightly dampen your hands to spread out.
- Melt Chocolate and pour over the peanut butter layer. Put in fridge for 30 minutes to start to harden.
- Stir together the sugar, milk, vanilla and peanut butter. Adjust the level of milk to get your desired consistency. Drizzle over chocolate layer. Store in fridge. Enjoy!!
Adapted from Farm Girl Dabbles