Cheesy Artichoke Dip – creamy, cheesy artichoke dip that is easy to make, has tons of flavor, and great for any get together or party.
Do you watch sports? Are you a big football fan? The big game is coming up soon, and it is time to start thinking about food. I will be honest and say I am pretty much only into sports parties for the food. I am not sure my team has ever been in any final big game of a season, in any sport. Well, when I was a kid the Twins were in the World Series, but I was like 7.
As an adult, I have been to many sports parties, and have never cared who won. Fun drinks, great company and yummy food is why I attend. And this year I am taking these Cheesy Artichoke Dip to our friends’ house. I am pretty sure I will come home with an empty dish too.
One thing to think of when you are throwing a party, or even just bringing a dish to a party is price. I don’t want to spend and arm and a leg on a couple ingredients, and then not even get to enjoy it. Or you are throwing the party, and have to make 5 different things, you have to make that dollar stretch! And that is one reason why I love this cheesy artichoke dip.
Artichoke hearts can be a little expensive, I am not going to lie. But they are 1 ingredient in this dip, the rest are super cheap, basic ingredients you probably already have. You only need 1 jar of artichoke hearts, and you get a ton of flavor out of them. Save-A-Lot grocery store is awesome because you can save time and money buy shopping at just one spot, great sale prices, and the Smart Shopper Club. I can get all my paper products to throw a great party, as well all the groceries I need. One stop shopping!
Find the closest store near you: I was able to visit mine in Greeley Colorado. See if you can use the $5 COUPON, *only participating stores have the $5 off $35 coupons in their ad. So start planning your next game day party. Add this Cheesy Artichoke Dip to your menu, and have a whole spread your guests will love.
- 1 large onion, , thinly sliced
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used light)
- 3/4 cup sour cream, (I used light)
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, , shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Let cook, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes until caramelized and lightly golden brown. Be careful not to brown the onions, reduce heat to low if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream until well blended. Add caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, both cheeses, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Pour dip into a small baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with pita chips or your favorite crackers.
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 28mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 5g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.