Cheesy Artichoke Dip – creamy, cheesy artichoke dip that is easy to make, has tons of flavor, and great for any get together or party.
Do you watch sports? Are you a big football fan? The big game is coming up soon, and it is time to start thinking about food. I will be honest and say I am pretty much only into sports parties for the food. I am not sure my team has ever been in any final big game of a season, in any sport. Well, when I was a kid the Twins were in the World Series, but I was like 7.
As an adult, I have been to many sports parties, and have never cared who won. Fun drinks, great company and yummy food is why I attend. And this year I am taking these Cheesy Artichoke Dip to our friends’ house. I am pretty sure I will come home with an empty dish too.
One thing to think of when you are throwing a party, or even just bringing a dish to a party is price. I don’t want to spend and arm and a leg on a couple ingredients, and then not even get to enjoy it. Or you are throwing the party, and have to make 5 different things, you have to make that dollar stretch! And that is one reason why I love this cheesy artichoke dip.
Artichoke hearts can be a little expensive, I am not going to lie. But they are 1 ingredient in this dip, the rest are super cheap, basic ingredients you probably already have. You only need 1 jar of artichoke hearts, and you get a ton of flavor out of them. Save-A-Lot grocery store is awesome because you can save time and money buy shopping at just one spot, great sale prices, and the Smart Shopper Club. I can get all my paper products to throw a great party, as well all the groceries I need. One stop shopping!
Find the closest store near you: I was able to visit mine in Greeley Colorado. See if you can use the $5 COUPON, *only participating stores have the $5 off $35 coupons in their ad. So start planning your next game day party. Add this Cheesy Artichoke Dip to your menu, and have a whole spread your guests will love.
- 1 large onion, , thinly sliced
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used light)
- 3/4 cup sour cream, (I used light)
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, , shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Let cook, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes until caramelized and lightly golden brown. Be careful not to brown the onions, reduce heat to low if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream until well blended. Add caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, both cheeses, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Pour dip into a small baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Serve with pita chips or your favorite crackers.
Serving Size8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 28mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 5g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.